Summer Rat Ride 8-23-08 (TOMORROW!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Summer Rat Ride 8-23-08

is that the trail they are talking about connecting to the 75 mile trail that goes to springfield?

Looks like there is a nice playground. This should keep my daughter occupied

2659386459_56fb5d21cf_o.jpg

Yeah, I figured we set up a grill, cornhole boards, and french darts, as close to the playground as we could. That way everyone can keep an eye on the little ones. On July 26 and 27 the park is holding "Rollin on the river" annual car show if anyone is interested.

I just spoke with the park ranger, everything is full steam ahead except NO ALCHOHOL, sorry guys. I will have to go down around 7 or 8 to hold the area closest to the playground, parking is very close to that area as shown in the above pic. We will be bringing a charcoal grill, a radio, and my own cooler. I will try to bring enough burgers/ hotdogs and buns, if anyone else can help out that would be great. Please bring your own beverages and chairs/blankets. We will be bringing cornhole boards and french darts, if you don't know what these are practice your horseshoe and frisbee skills. See you there! :D

I was just at the park yesterday for a carshow, rode the bike trail a few times and was pretty impressed. It's very flat and and offers some cool scenery along the river and there's a cool little wood bridge that you cross. It's only about a mile long but I think it will be a good time including the grill out and the games we set up. Let's just hope the weather is on our side this time!

After reading Yeshoney's event thread (awesome idea!), We might try to set up a short drag strip in the park. I don't know how the park will like this, I guess we'll see if they shut us down :roll: Hopefully the krate-ray will be done and I have the 5 speed hub ready for action.

I might post this around town also, get people excited and confused.

MUSCLEBIKEDRAGS.jpg

Cool, thanks. I'll be posting both flyers once a week on Craigslist to help bring more people out.

necessaryevil said:
I might post this around town also, get people excited and confused.

MUSCLEBIKEDRAGS.jpg

OK, now I'm there Dude!

muddywater04 said:
are there any bike friendly hotels, i wouldnt trust leaving my bikes in the back of my truck
Hmm, that's a tough one. There's not any really close. If you're using 75 to come down the Colerain exit would probably be best, it's about 10-15 minutes away. Or you could stay in Harrison Ohio, it's about 10-15 minutes west on 74.

muddywater04 said:
I will be in that area saturday i guess i can scope it out then. thanks

Hope to see you there Mike. :)

If you're looking for a place to stay, then downtown Cincinnati is the closest. It's only about 10 or 15 minutes away from the park. We will also be having some door prizes to give away.

Latest posts

Back