Sunlite Fat Bike Fork...anyone used it?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
after putting a few miles on my wife's Sun Crusher that I put Avid BB7's with the ebay disc brake adapter on...It has more flex in it than I'm comfortable with....total waste of 20 dollars...

Has anyone used this fork?
http://www.jbi.bike/web/checking_product_description.php?part_number=28434

Bike I'm thinking about putting it on:

69439.jpg

I have the Salsa Eliminator fork on my grey Beast. It moves a lot. Even just riding on a dirt road, it flexes about 3/4 inch.

The cool think about steel vs aluminum, is that it will almost always warn you before total failure. I personally would ride it until it actually bends. Steel is pretty forgiving...

I'll take a video & post it. The crazy thing is that even with the flex, the 180mm avid BB7's stop the bike as gook as the coaster brake it came with

BB7s are a good brake. I have them on my red beast. 203mm front and 180 rear.

my LBS emailed me back....the Sunlite Fork won't be available until July (ugh....)

The adapter I used I got off ebay.....I can't seem to find it at the moment, it was a cheesy plate held onto the fork w/ a P-Clip (search my previous posts, I had posted pics)..

The best thing you can do for yourself, is to either weld on a disc brake mount to your current fork, or buy a Disc Brake compatible fork and paint to match....either way you'll be painting....I should have taken the advice of people here and gone w/ a replacement fork from the get-go...I just didn't want to go spend 60-90 dollars on auto-motive paint to do just a fork...but it looks like I'm going to have to anyhow

Latest posts

Back