super clone...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kenny's inspired me to cut, grind, and weld.... thanks Kenny! (and Abe, and all those burrito brothers...)
they say imitation is flattery... :wink: (let me know if i stepped on any toes...)

started with this from the dump... cut off rear triangle
and used the head tube and hardware... rest was discarded...

06-23-07_1704.jpg

i used 26's... bend, cut, grind, weld...etc

06-24-07_1537.jpg

sorry i dont have more progress pics, but the camera was struggling and had to get those with a phone...

this is what i have so far... primered, with some random parts...
it's about 8 1/2 feet long from tip to tip...

DSC02637.jpg

DSC02640.jpg

oct.

Sheesh October....you're not a lazy guy are you? :lol:

This is looking very cool! I think I'm going to have to start a new forum on the site just for stretches.

did you use conduit for the new tubes?
If so, I hope you ground the areas where you were welding before you welded, that stuff can be nasty... (toxic)

I really like this stretch. How would it look with the handle bars flipped, a little more "board track'? just a thought...
great bike

hey, thanks!

yes, it is unfortunately, conduit. i am aware of the fumes from welding galvanized materials...

i dont know what color it will be yet...

oct.

CONDUIT? Wow I wouldnt think that stuff would be strong enough.
Well it definetly gives me inspiration to build something, I have a few scrap bikes that would be perfect.

This thing is more than ridable i should know i ride this thing like i stole it ........ :lol:

actually it is very ridable... like h.r. lincoln said, when he comes over here, he wont get off the thing... :mrgreen:

i have logged several hours on this thing, so has lincoln...

next time he comes over i will try to persuade him to let me video tape him riding it

Markm: it's regular conduit...

it is a beast...

Latest posts

Back