SUPER DELUXE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
This will be my base for the build off. It's a 60s model Murray built for Sears.

About the only thing being used is the frame and forks...which I now see are bent and may not be used after all, ha ha!

100_3775.jpg

fast eddie said:
how long did it take to strip that frame w/ the flap sander? ive spent about an hour w/ a scotchbrite sander and the frame is not half done yet,
fast eddie outty

What you see took me about an hour and half and man are my arms tired and sore! :shock:

I ended up using one of those really coarse stripping wheels (Lowes) and that seemed to work a bit better, but I wore it out before I was done. Looks like I'll need to buy another.

About half way through I was wondering if giving the bike a light sanding by hand just to smooth the old paint out would have been better. :roll:

I've used those sandpaper wheel things before, just not on a bike. I got to paint a local lighthouse, and used one to get into some of the funky curved and concave molding. I hated the things. I always felt I couldn't really let the drill loose, or apply some real pressure to get the paint off. Every time I did, the little weinner of nut hold it together would come loose.

But it got the job done.

And I'm sure it beats hand sanding.

Decided to throw some parts together to see what I have.

Just like a lot of folks, I'm still trying to find a direction.

I think I'll probably chop the seat post just a tad.

I am liking the blue glitter option though. :lol:

100_5353.jpg

Nice seat!

I just received one of those seats in a parts pile- but red glitter. It's a cover held onto a steel frame with bent metal tabs right?

Mine has a bent frame. If you want a red version of that same seat, let me know. I'm cheap too!

--=={{Rob}}==--

Latest posts

Back