Super rare Diamond Back! (Sorta)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I was hunting Goodwill for bike goodies and ran across this bit of coolness. At first I thought it was a music stand someone slapped a Diamond Back sticker on. But then there was this DB catalog attached to the surface and I instantly got that this was a store display. But keep reading it gets neater.
IMG_2675.jpg

...because, when I looked closer I saw it was made out of bicycle parts!

Can you say seat post clamp for up and down? The upper tube is one, very long seatpost.
IMG_2678.jpg

You see this little rod? It goes down the center spiral of the catalog to secure it. And guess what... it is a WHEEL SPOKE! Crazy!
IMG_2677.jpg

Finally the top fully pivots from totally flat to any angle in between. Because... they welded bike seat bars and used seat hardware. (or is that a tire skewer for the center bolt?)
IMG_2679.jpg

I thought it would be cool for many things. But, being an illustrator, I am going to use it mostly for drawing!
IMG_2680.jpg

Got to love a good re-cycle..LOL....For kicks how much was it..?

jaydub said:
Got to love a good re-cycle..LOL....For kicks how much was it..?

It was $25, which seemed like a lot for goodwill, BUT it was a yellow tag, and guess what, it was 1/2 off yellow tag day. Sweetness.

Thought about trading it to my LBS for something. It'd make a killer laptop table too.

But it is so neat I don't think I can get rid of it.

Latest posts

Back