Supercharged Gasser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Somebody local has these,
00Z0Z_3FYVUg5T49t_600x450.jpg

any good?:rolleyes:
the only gripe with these wheels is they are off a newer mongoose and sometimes people think their old school lestors and want more then what the bike cost for them. if their much more then say 50 bucks I would just buy a mongoose mode and take the wheels off it then throw some cheapie wheels on the remain and sell it off

ok I know the buildoff is still happening ,but this theme is awesome!!! I love gassers. they are iconic!!! I had a 55 belair once that was a gasser. only I didn't have the front end lifted up. it had the milbourne injection with a zz572 crate and a 4 speed close ratio tranny with brake. I am guessing it had about 600 hp but I never dynoed it. man it took some finagling to get it all to work but the finished product made all the kids in their celicas and Hondas cry to their mommas lol. just don't try to take a corner in one of these they don't like to turn lol. another cool idea if you can make it work would be to make some fake exhaust pipes coming off the front wheels I had 4 inch headers coming out right behind the front wheel on my belair needless to say it was loud lol
iu

:dance2:This is what I thought of when I found the champagne bucket.

the only gripe with these wheels is they are off a newer mongoose and sometimes people think their old school lestors and want more then what the bike cost for them. if their much more then say 50 bucks I would just buy a mongoose mode and take the wheels off it then throw some cheapie wheels on the remain and sell it off
Good Idea! thanks.;)

Maybe a small plastic windshield, tinted some color.
Yes! In orange or red!

If you really wanted to get the look, an old steel wheel with ten spokes of steel tube welded in would be the ultimate gasser front wheel...

I wish I lived nearby, I'd be over there welding and grinding!
That is a cool idea, be awesome if someone can make that happen!

Luke.

Quick update. Thanks to g-ratter I have a mag wheel for the front of my gasser.

gasser%20update%20006_zpsm2i1lxul.jpg

Have tacked the seat stays, and extended the front fork about 14" (using handlebars from an old Ariens snowblower)

gasser%20update%20008_zpsdkagdtl2.jpg

I'm now debating best way to fit a wider rear wheel - either squish the inside of the chain stays or extend the drop outs and push the rear axle back.

I'd say cut, weld, do whatever you have to to widen the stays for your tire. If you extend the rear axle rearward, you might get away from the gasser look. if a real gasser didn't have its rear axle in the stock location, if anything it would be moved forward.

Got my frame and fork welded today.
2015-05-25%20update%20d_zpsycfjodq1.jpg

Had to extend the drop outs a few inches rearward, the tire rim I'm using just rubbed too much.
2015-05-25%20update%20c_zpsphq5bfat.jpg

Lucky I saved the bottom ends of the snowblower handlebars which I burned notches for the coaster brake axle.
2015-05-25%20update%20b_zpsqewkbnck.jpg

Used grade 5 bolt to fasten the dropouts then stick welded 'em. Put junk wheel on fork and welded the extended fork.
2015-05-25%20update%20a_zpsb7adbhzo.jpg

Put her together and took some pics, I like the stance.:)
2015-05-25%20update%20e_zpsvxnjieuk.jpg

Latest posts

Back