Swap Meet in Long Beach

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sept4.jpg

img_4532.jpg

5-23-10022.jpg

the heck with dinner, i want to go there for fathers day! :D im not giving up my homemade cards with crayon-drawn bikes, though. :wink:

I was thinking of going there next weekend with my dad, but it kind of sucks hearing that things are over priced.

To the people that have gone recently, is it a good place to view all kinds of bikes? Does the bicycle section have a small area or is it pretty big? Opinions if it's worth going to are appreciated.

Thanks

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

just want to confirm on the OVERPRICED sentiments.

You can find better deals on motorcycle parts than on bike parts. Seriously. You're going to hear "it's schwinn" and "it's prewar" a lot. :roll:

Bicycle stuff is mixed in the whole swap meet, but there is (I think) one row, both sides, that is almost exclusively bicycles. I guess you have to see it for yourself. Don't get me wrong, there are some deals there, but this is Southern California and some vendors think that equals dollar signs. And TV shows like Auction Hunters, Storage Wars, and American Pickers don't help.

max210 said:
just want to confirm on the OVERPRICED sentiments.

You can find better deals on motorcycle parts than on bike parts. Seriously. You're going to hear "it's schwinn" and "it's prewar" a lot. :roll:
THATS true I buy motorcycle chopper bars, cheaper than bicycle bars there. You have to be willing to bite you're lip and pay the price, iff you go for a part in mind. And don't forget to add the $10.00 to get in, to the wad of cash you plan on bringing. And yes " fits schwinn" , "pre-war" "It's Vintage" is said a lot before they tell you a price. I keep telling myself "I'm not going this month........and then i sneak over to it anyway......But I'm just looking.....Hey I bought these parts for a friend.... All right they are mine-- just don't tell my wife. :shock: :shock: :oops:

Don't forget that it's also $10 just to get in.

Latest posts

Back