Sweet Leaf

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Getting so close. Chain tensioner and seat post are
2095791acc690c79c7ee3caf78409c92.jpg
all that's left for welding.
I do feel short on time as well!

You might be interested in seeing how Indian did their rear leafs back in 1914.
1914ev3.jpg

I'm also curious about your seatpost, since the natural position for it is where you mounted the leaf.

You might be interested in seeing how Indian did their rear leafs back in 1914.
1914ev3.jpg

I'm also curious about your seatpost, since the natural position for it is where you mounted the leaf.
I did a bunch of looking around before starting and couldn't find the "one" I liked, so I went with my own design. On paper and in my head the thought was to make the leaf look like a bobbed fender with curved fender braces. I'm hoping that once the seat is mounted where I want it, everything flows better. Seat should stay where it is front to back, but sitting up higher level with the neck. The leaf/bobbed fender ends up being closer to the back of the seat.
To attach I'm thinking a 90 degree solid seat post welded directly to the frame horizontally and a curved tube under it for support

Nothing like a little back tracking. Had to drop the bb down for 2 reasons. 1, chain clearance 2, felt like I was going to knee myself in the chin
316d7f7f4ac52dec72c4a28cbc5f1f21.jpg
dcfff217e58f9ddb0824a71c234ecd9d.jpg

I like the seat there. It does help pull the two sections of the bike together.
Looks like you should have good clearance between the cranks and ground too.

Nice to see it out on the street. Apes would look super cool on that!

Now what colors! It would be easier if I dint have a thousand to pick from! Thinking charcoal metallic, gloss black, and some clear coated bare metal..... wait maybe candy blue....

Latest posts

Back