tales from the cript. skull-o-sis.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I tell ya ladies and germs, that goulfriend of mine is killing me.
She said she'd look good in something long and flowing, so i threw her into the mississippi
(ba dum bump)
Hummmmmm
And how bout that ernest hemmingway......
Always shooting his mouth off.
(ba dum bump)............................
....................Hello? Anybody? I can hear you bleeding.
(ba dum bump)
Is this thing on?

Huuuuuuuummm i know what this crowd wants.... A little sleigh on words?
Perhaps a few fright gag's?

Like tonight's little nugget.
A tale of terror, bones and blood and an evil vixen that will steal your heart as quick as she steal's your soul.

I call it...........skull o (my) sis.
The story start's back in the early 70's with a bicycle too stupid to know his own identity.
Part muscle, part bmx, you'd snap too if you had such an identity crisis.
IMG_3165.jpg

IMG_3171.jpg

It wasn't long before he found himself left by the curbside.

Little did our friend know the fate in store at the hands of the cold and cruel Doc. Icy.
halloweenstaganddoe044-1.jpg

Kicking and screaming our hero, was no match.
He awoke to find himself deep in the bowels of our villans lair. It wasn't long before the fear set in.
Such places just shouldn't exsist. There would be no escape, no mercy the end was near........

or was it????????

A story this evil doesn't have and ending. ya can't kill what's already dead.
A wheeled demon fit for the goddess of the night herself, mistress of the dark and keeper of the underworld.

And the foul beast was born. Shield your eyes, get the kids indoors, this beast can't be trusted.

Nor should it!

I give unto you
SKULL-O-SIS
elvira2.jpg

elvira3.jpg

photgraphed by Dana Brushette.
i'll add more detailed pic's of the build in the next installment (before the dead line.) muuu hahahahaha.
just waiting for dark to set in.

your neighbors must love you! :shock: ghoulishly excellent creativity and engineering! :D cant wait for the nite pics! :mrgreen:

Where's the bike?.......I didn't see a bike!

KILLER! Enjoyed every page.

fantastic job all the way around! 8) every micro detail possible is there and it all works in twisted harmony! :D the elvira shots are priceless too!

amazing! who knew this board could hold such a long thread? i thought it wouldve collasped under the great weight of all the ideas on this bike! :mrgreen:

yeah...it's alright.

:lol:

You rock my man! Sweet photo-shoot! Sweet Bike! You already know you got my vote :)
It was the best build thread for a bike I had read. Thanks for sharing man!
I really got into it and it inspired me to go bigger! Thanks!

You guys are makin me blush! Seriously.
I can't tell you how pleased I am you've enjoyed this build/build thread.

I'll be honest, At the start of this journey, i really didn't know how the bike would be recieved.
The frame is 20+ years newer than 50-60%???? of the bikes on this forum.
We see em now and again, but they don't get much attention.
I started with one clear goal , i wanted to push your limits, get ya thinkin outside the box and stretch those imagenation's.
Even if it was just a little.
couple that with some inspiration from Roth wheelie pictures, 70's front engine dragsters and a mad passion for things that go bump in the night.......
Well, you can see why i was a little worried.
Then the builds started to roll in.
xddorox you had a good head start and got into your build fast.
I remember the first pages of your thread and the exact moment it hit me.
I felt like a complete idiot.
Outside the box, stretch the imagenation, yeah, you guys been doing that to me for few years now.
Just took me a while to catch on. :) Guess ya trained me well.

this years bikes are off the hook. Theres so many fantastic bikes to choose from. My only wish, i had more votes.
Now the craziness is dying down, I'm gonna spend some time catching up on what everybody else is doing.
I gave her my best to stay current. even though i didn't reply to all your threads, i did read each and every one.(at least once)

This last week has been a blur and i fell behind on my reading. I can't wait to see what you guys been up to.
Elvira......definatly worth the time and effort.
dana, karen you guys rock! (if your reading)

Forgot to ask

what did ya think of the doubled image,red/blue gel lit, cheesy old 3D effect Dana threw on the background?
I'd marry her, but the real mistress of the night would castrate me. :shock:

icyuod2 said:
Forgot to ask

what did ya think of the doubled image,red/blue gel lit, cheesy old 3D effect Dana threw on the background?
I'd marry her, but the real mistress of the night would castrate me. :shock:
Not much pop to it but it did give it a cool feel to the naked eye...retro feel.
I just did an ad for a buddy who owns a bar in 3D. Vector form. Kinda cheese but it really popped. It was my first attempt...
He just hung it on the wall with glasses to generate interest...
Red Left Blue eye right glasses used...I did it fast to get it to him too. I'll work on it :mrgreen:
CAGE3D.jpg

That's friggin sweet! nice ad!

Mine was just for the naked eye, no real 3d effect.

I'm such a scatter brain.
I wanted to include a shot of Dana (and Karen)hard at work.
w18lxi.jpg

This girl is a trooper, she crawled around in the soaking wet mud and grass to get those shot's for me.
she was wet from the waist down.
both girl's were eaten alive by mosquito's and Karen said the shoot was better than going to the gym (a real ab workout)
those girls worked for hour's in my cold, wet bug infested backyard.
i really can't thank them enough.

Btw, The shoot almost ended with real blood. when i cut the belt/dagger loose from Karen (she was sewn into that costume)
it fell inches from her toe's and stuck in the deck a good 1/2" :shock:
(t's a real heavy tool steel damascus blade i made a few years back)

Here's a link to Dana Brushette's website. If you haven't checked it out already, i suggest you do.
Dana's got a real nack for retro pinup photography

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dana-Brus ... 460?ref=ts
some of those galleries have multiple pages, so keep an eye on the numbers at the top

wow where to begin. i said it before that this bike is on my short list of faves because it is so different from normal (if there is such a thing around here as that. it uses some very outside the box thinking and engineering which i personally like. combine that with a high level of build quality and there you are. i stand up and clap for u buddy on this bike

karfer67 said:
wow where to begin. i said it before that this bike is on my short list of faves because it is so different from normal (if there is such a thing around here as that. it uses some very outside the box thinking and engineering which i personally like. combine that with a high level of build quality and there you are. i stand up and clap for u buddy on this bike

Hey are we talking bout the same bike? :lol: skull-o-sis? :lol: :lol:
thx bud, means alot to me. praised by those i hold in high regard, well it couldn't get any better than this.

gowjobs said:
This bike is an amazing piece of cycle art. Whether I'd dare to ride it to the store or not is immaterial - the thing ROCKS!

I was shooting for competitive! but that works for me!
Thx for all the kind words folk's
I don't think I could have had any more fun if i tried, but hearing what peep's think of the bike, is the icing on the cake.
when's the rrbbo #6 start??? :p

I don't know what to say,
awesome?, cool?, amazing?, freaky?,superb?, spooky?, uberbuild?

how about,

awesome, cool, amazing, superb, spooky, uberbuild!!!!!!!!!

pictures look hot, awesome quality photoshoot!

Latest posts

Back