Tall Bikes,lets see'em!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice ride, I like it. Here's one more of mine I never posted in this thread.

100_7694.jpg

Upper Class White Trash said:
poorhotrodboy said:
here is my progress on my tall bike i started last weekend. what do ya think?

wheelie machine!! keep us posted on how you like those apes.
i had some on mine and it was funny.

will do, i rode a friends tall bike with apes on it not to long ago, and it was ok, it rides just like a "normal" bike with apes just your higher of the ground. mine should be done after a few hours of work on it tonight after i get outa class. ill post a picture of the final product painted and all. probably tomorrow.

I used my 2Ross's on a MUSCULAR DYSTROPHIES ASSOCIATION ride on May 1. I don't transport this bike to often and I have to tie it off on the back rack of my truck cap removing the right pedal first. I got to the event and thought I left the pedal and wrench behind but remembered I put it in pocket in the bag in the rear. Didn't matter cause there were plenty of unattended bikes everywhere there :shock: . Joking..........my bike shop was there as a sponser and they would have got me a set in a matter of minutes. Phew :oops:
MDR-Ride_May_1.jpg

At the beginning I was already having skiping proplems with the "N" speed on my Shimano 3-speed coaster and I had to do the whole trip in 1st or 3rd (Iv'e got another hub I'll have to swap out). Even though it's a rail trail there are grades and wind to deal with. I swear it was uphill and against the wind both ways.

GL

poorhotrodboy said:
well here is mine all done, with out the chain. but other than that its done!

talllllllllllllllllllllllll.jpg

well i got her done! and just as someone said on here, the apes are a little goofy on it, but thats an easy fix, and also as some one said its a wheely machine for sure! im gonna put a 24 inch wheel up front so i dont fall back wards over bumps!

poorhotrodboy said:
poorhotrodboy said:
well here is mine all done, with out the chain. but other than that its done!

talllllllllllllllllllllllll.jpg

well i got her done! and just as someone said on here, the apes are a little goofy on it, but thats an easy fix, and also as some one said its a wheely machine for sure! im gonna put a 24 inch wheel up front so i dont fall back wards over bumps!

Upper Class White Trash said:

just ride it minus the funny feeling apes :wink: , once you get use to the pivot point you"ll be all aces.
i was going to try for a circle wheelie but i broke my frame showing sissy how to jump a ramp :mrgreen: and haven't welded it back up yet so, own it and ride it like you stole it

I want this bike with the dragster slick in the background :) Where can i get me one of these?
dal20.jpg

Upperclass White Trash:every time I see this video I think one thing...

...we should party sometime!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Markm said:
Upperclass White Trash:every time I see this video I think one thing...

...we should party sometime!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

i would love to hang with ya Markm if i can get the chance i'm there brah!!!

tgriffin27 said:
I want this bike with the dragster slick in the background :) Where can i get me one of these?
dal20.jpg

That's Gotavan's baby! If you're ever on a ride with him, he'll let you ride it, but I doubt he'd ever part with it. If he does, you're on a very long list! :lol: It's essentially from Atomic Zombie's OverKill plans, just got a few Gotavan twists added. I've ridden it, as have most of the FBM - GL FreakBikers. It rides fairly easy once you get use to it. Lots of fun!

Thanks for the info guys. I would love to have some plans for this bike to see if i could build one or two. I have two old cragar draglight wheels the same size as that back wheel been wondering for years what to put them on and now I have found it.

I've been building what I call a "tilt" bike. Really simple, just take a BMX and tilt it up, weld on a seat post, another front end with another frontend on top and your done. I'll post some pix soon as I figure out how. Doesn't seem to be a "browse" button....

38180_105927519462973_100001371774414_47165_7085518_n.jpg

OK, here are 2 of my Tilt bikes. I keep the frame low so I have a future. We put lights all over our bikes 'cause we ride around midtown at least 4 nights a week. I haven't been on a "short" bike since building my first TB 2 yrs ago. I did another a couple weeks ago using a 24" BMX. The lite blue is my #1 Tilt bike and the red is#2.

bananabike.jpg

Here's my latest Tilt bike. If i don't fool around(and have all the parts ready), it's a 2 hr build. I get all my donor frames off Freecycle(.com). And a few from the Bike Kitchen here in Sacramento. So far the only money spent has been a couple tubes. Simplicity is the name of the game. This style is very stable,easy to mount and ride. The little black boxes are strobe lites. My YouTube channel is: onetonmagoo. BTW it's not a wheelie popper!

bicycleguy said:

This looks like something I would do after my mother yelling that I own too many bikes and I can only ride one at a time........

Oh yeah? Riding more than one can be done!

onetonmagoo said:
I've been building what I call a "tilt" bike. Really simple, just take a BMX and tilt it up, weld on a seat post, another front end with another frontend on top and your done. I'll post some pix soon as I figure out how. Doesn't seem to be a "browse" button....

onetonmagoo, I saw your vid on your bike build. I like your style of building, bikes nice too 8) . I ride the double high and have three of them plus " The Shadow ". The last one doesn't get to much air time, too tall for this old boy. I have to try a tilt build sometime.

You have to post your pics on something like PhotoBucket and link them to your post here. There is a thread on that somewhere here.
later Graylock
Edit:
Oop's I guess you got it down now, saw you pic up the thread.

Your 3 wheeler looks very similar to my BurningMan 09 trike. Didn't take it, and haven't used it since, but it is finished( motor needs tuning). I'm doing another tilt bike (for sale) this week. Hoping to get $75-100 for it. Have you sold any? And where are you? I'm riding the Banana tilt on TurkeyDay in a huge ride here in Sacramento (over 700 came out last year). I rode my #1 in a world record ride in Davis a few weeks ago (longest continuous line, 2 miles , 960 bikes). I had the only Tall bike and the only upholstered bike(Pix soon). I believe we should enjoy each and every moment of life, it's just too short not to.

Latest posts

Back