Tanklight buildoff!

Mar 28, 2011
Norfolk Va
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Is this to be an altered "Rat Rod" build?
Or an original bike that stays OG?.

I collect a number of middleweight tanklight bikes but do my best to not change the manufacturers build.

Regardless, good luck and I am excited to see the results.

Heres a few of mine

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Aug 25, 2012
Montréal Canada (Québec)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
iam in , but cant start until summer comes around again
this is the bike ill work on , ill make a brand new tank with lights in it

and these are my 1st ideas :
2 half circle to create the illusion of one big round light from the front ,and polished metal sheet on top and around

or this

Jan 21, 2011
Benton, KS
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
OneHorsePower said:
iam in , but cant start until summer comes around again
this is the bike ill work on , ill make a brand new tank with lights in it

and these are my 1st ideas :
2 half circle to create the illusion of one big round light from the front ,and polished metal sheet on top and around

or this
Either idea is awesome in my book! I will be watching this one! 8)

Mar 28, 2011
Norfolk Va
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
No tank here but a cool light setup on what looks like a huffy frame. I beleive this location of LED lights took the place of the chromed plastic tips on the ends of the top tubes.

Jul 14, 2011
Findlay Ohio
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I like the second idea you have alot. Very sporty looking even exotic. I am cheating a little bit here guys I've started gathering parts and I just sent out my single remaining lense to classic riders to have 2 repops made from the original. I've got a pretty good Idea in my head of what I'm going to build, think heavyweight firearrow. :lol: :lol:

Aug 25, 2012
Montréal Canada (Québec)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys .. i am true newbie at electric stuff and need help... i will use 2 flash lights 4,5v each (3x "AAA batteries" pack) i wired the 2 lights on 1 battery pack and it work fine , but i just dont know how i could use a more powerful battery pack so the lights last longer ,but without delivering more than 4,5v to the lights
example: a 9v batery for two 4,5v lights
Thanks

LukeTheJoker

Nov 17, 2012
Broken Hill, Australia
www.ratrodbikes.com
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
OneHorsePower said:
Hey guys .. i am true newbie at electric stuff and need help... i will use 2 flash lights 4,5v each (3x "AAA batteries" pack) i wired the 2 lights on 1 battery pack and it work fine , but i just dont know how i could use a more powerful battery pack so the lights last longer ,but without delivering more than 4,5v to the lights
example: a 9v batery for two 4,5v lights
Thanks
First off, love your design! Cool work! 8)

For you lights, have you thought about using three C or D size batteries? They run the same voltage as AAA batteries but hold much more juice... You just hook them up the same as the AAA's were... With leds, I imagine they would last for a good year or two...

Luke.