Tanklight buildoff!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone interested in having a build off for tanklight's?

The rules are
ANYTHING GOES!!!!!!

I'll post a picture of my frame as soon as I can take a picture of it.

I would be in depedning on the time line, i'm on a limited budget so the longer the stretch of time the better. I would be starting with my 59 Fire Arrow.

Sensor- the tanklight is just a bike where the headlight is built into the nose of the tank.

One hp, feel free to join! 59 fire arrow is in, so we're needing some other competitors

Here is my starting point. Its gonna be a suprise as to what it ends up as :D :D :D . There has got to be some other guys about to get into a tanklight build out there.
firearrow2.jpg

firearrow4.jpg

firearrow3.jpg

Is this to be an altered "Rat Rod" build?
Or an original bike that stays OG?.

I collect a number of middleweight tanklight bikes but do my best to not change the manufacturers build.

Regardless, good luck and I am excited to see the results.

Heres a few of mine
e8azy4yd.jpg

4y7avevu.jpg

janyjube.jpg

7a3ysama.jpg

yvyhuneb.jpg

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

iam in , but cant start until summer comes around again
this is the bike ill work on , ill make a brand new tank with lights in it
P1010023.jpg

and these are my 1st ideas :
2 half circle to create the illusion of one big round light from the front ,and polished metal sheet on top and around
tanklight3.jpg

or this
TanklightCentrix.jpg

OneHorsePower said:
iam in , but cant start until summer comes around again
this is the bike ill work on , ill make a brand new tank with lights in it
P1010023.jpg

and these are my 1st ideas :
2 half circle to create the illusion of one big round light from the front ,and polished metal sheet on top and around
tanklight3.jpg

or this
TanklightCentrix.jpg

Either idea is awesome in my book! I will be watching this one! 8)

No tank here but a cool light setup on what looks like a huffy frame. I beleive this location of LED lights took the place of the chromed plastic tips on the ends of the top tubes.

attachment.php

I like the second idea you have alot. Very sporty looking even exotic. I am cheating a little bit here guys I've started gathering parts and I just sent out my single remaining lense to classic riders to have 2 repops made from the original. I've got a pretty good Idea in my head of what I'm going to build, think heavyweight firearrow. :lol: :lol:

Hey guys .. i am true newbie at electric stuff and need help... i will use 2 flash lights 4,5v each (3x "AAA batteries" pack) i wired the 2 lights on 1 battery pack and it work fine , but i just dont know how i could use a more powerful battery pack so the lights last longer ,but without delivering more than 4,5v to the lights
example: a 9v batery for two 4,5v lights
Thanks

OneHorsePower said:
Hey guys .. i am true newbie at electric stuff and need help... i will use 2 flash lights 4,5v each (3x "AAA batteries" pack) i wired the 2 lights on 1 battery pack and it work fine , but i just dont know how i could use a more powerful battery pack so the lights last longer ,but without delivering more than 4,5v to the lights
example: a 9v batery for two 4,5v lights
Thanks
First off, love your design! Cool work! 8)

For you lights, have you thought about using three C or D size batteries? They run the same voltage as AAA batteries but hold much more juice... You just hook them up the same as the AAA's were... With leds, I imagine they would last for a good year or two...

Luke.

LukeTheJoker said:
Wow! The graphix really look awesome! Does the 1HP stand for 1 human power? :lol:

Luke.
Thank's ..yes :mrgreen: also my RRB nick name

pick said:
That is one C 8) 8) L concept! Looks Wicked! What material will the tank be made of?
Tanks!! wood to join the 2 parts.....foam and fiberglass bondo to sculpt the shape .....and fiberglass layers over that

Latest posts

Back