Teeth of the Hydra

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like this seat, but i don’t think I love it. Not sure it’s streamlined enough for the build. I planned to put a Brooks on it, which i think would be ideal, but the $$$$... ugh. You get what you pay for for saddles I guess.
5aba8e3311817367a2d95d4a8951115f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oooooo. While cutting grass this morning, I happened to notice something on my front porch... wonder what it can be!?
f6bd04c94d5edc2d37b550da7d7ee85d.jpg

Went to LBS to get “guts” for new seat and...
45415ae3c9745bb3b1d41767fb8494e7.jpg

... they had these two gems in the $1 grab cart. I already removed the clamps from the one in the right. I know I would have paid a minimum of $5 for new. I love it when stuff like this happens.

bff1073ab48a15f74ba8cce6da10bd5b.jpg

50a474f212a7c3586f3e795e8d9ff664.jpg

Test ride today. I made my son go with me and he agreed to go if he could lead. Actually he agreed to go if there was brunch after, and of course I agreed to that.

Bike ride great until I started getting a super annoying click in the bottom bracket. Has anyone used the Tange sealed American bracket? I tried using it on last year’s build and I had the same problem, so I didn’t use them. I put them on Teeth of the Hydra and the first two test rides were smooth with no clicks. There’s no “play” with the cranks. Would it be a bad bearing?

You are really putting some miles on this beauty.
Sounds like a great island to visit.

Everywhere should be like Mackinac Island. No cars... just bikes... and horses.
Being that I spent the weekend in Reno for Hot August Nights...I will have to respectfully disagree :grin:...Mackinac looks like fun, but I would more able to support a statement like, 'everybody should have a place like Mackinac Island to visit' :cool2:.

Being that I spent the weekend in Reno for Hot August Nights...I will have to respectfully disagree :grin:...Mackinac looks like fun, but I would more able to support a statement like, 'everybody should have a place like Mackinac Island to visit' :cool2:.

I would agree. It was a “heat-of-the-moment”statement.

Latest posts

Back