Thats how I roll.(in Tx. that is) new pix

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While in Dallas last week I thought I would hang out with my friends Richard and Aaron from Gas Monkey Garage. Oh and picked up some swag.

71595_310444065741888_2142774085_n_zpsea539c74.jpg

418580_310501692402792_821692171_n_zps59a1597d.jpg

Ride in big D with HotVW RR member around old downtown.

542104_310502115736083_73371666_n_zps3e8701dc.jpg

532047_310502355736059_429924752_n_zpse55dfa78.jpg

Pix of my ride in Austin

564809_310499199069708_866230963_n_zpsa8787486.jpg

307233_310499532403008_1361478854_n_zpsddcc639a.jpg

407966_310499349069693_2084555716_n_zpsf847d3c3.jpg

Re: Thats how I roll

Sounds like fun, he sounds like a cool guy on the show, little crazy and a party animal but cool.

Awesome! :D I love the show 8)

Do they allow visitors? :?: Did they like your bike! :?:

Kool. I like the Gas Monkeys. They don't have a huge ammount of resources and rely on their wits. They are on a budget, like us.

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
Awesome! :D I love the show 8)

Do they allow visitors? :?: Did they like your bike! :?:

The Gas Monkey Garage doesn't face the street and the one that does they don't show in the show but use. It was this Thursday that I was there. I parked down the street and rode in and around the back on my bike. At first it looked like it was closed but then Richard rolled down his window in his truck and told me he and Aaron were on a conference call and would be with me when they were done. They looked like they were busy with what ever the call was about so didn't get to talk long but they had no problem with taking some time for the pic. I then went in the front shop and bought some swag right from the Van. They liked the bike but seemed like that their minds where somewhere else.

It's funny....I work about 15 minutes from where the shop is and have thought about driving by on my lunch break sometime, but assumed that they would either never be there or would be mobbed with people.

The Phipps Automotive shop that has always been in that spot has a Facebook page and it's interesting to look back at their posts to see when Discovery Channel contacted them about creating a show using their location.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Phipps-A ... ts&fref=ts

From their latest post...sounds like they'll be moving on up to one of those 5 million dollar buildings soon. :lol:

Nothing worse Than Monkey Gas ! :? :lol:

Rat Rod said:
It's funny....I work about 15 minutes from where the shop is and have thought about driving by on my lunch break sometime, but assumed that they would either never be there or would be mobbed with people.

The Phipps Automotive shop that has always been in that spot has a Facebook page and it's interesting to look back at their posts to see when Discovery Channel contacted them about creating a show using their location.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Phipps-A ... ts&fref=ts

From their latest post...sounds like they'll be moving on up to one of those 5 million dollar buildings soon. :lol:

I used to work at a body shop right around the corner from them on Emerald, and I have felt the same way. I didn't want to be "that guy". I have driven by there a couple times and they had a sign on the fence that said they were filming / do not enter.

Cool picture - way cool bike!

Did you and HotVW get to ride on the 27Th? Sorry I could not make it!

jerrykr said:

Thanks.

Right after the pic I hooked up James for that ride maybe next time when I get back to Tx.

It's these two guys that the TV company created to entertain people and make money off of advertising. :lol:

Somewhere in between hundreds of beeping sounds there are cars and motorcycles supposedly being built....by someone.

Rat Rod said:
It's these two guys that the TV company created to entertain people and make money off of advertising. :lol:

Somewhere in between hundreds of beeping sounds there are cars and motorcycles supposedly being built....by someone.

OK, then I've seen that show. :mrgreen:

Rat Rod said:

It all started with the Backstreet Boys. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: They figureed out how to create something that did not exist.

big AL said:
jerrykr said:

Thanks.

Right after the pic I hooked up James for that ride maybe next time when I get back to Tx.

Pictures??? No Pictures -- Didn't happen! :D :D

Latest posts

Back