The 1st!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I got a blue one today for $59 at Wally World. Cheap but not cheap enough...who cares...it was on a gift card. I immediately raced home and started swapping parts....It's definitely a 1st in its class of bikes!

The bike looks like it was repainted but it wasn't, looks cool though!

S5000130.jpg

S5000131.jpg

S5000132.jpg

S5000134.jpg

S5000133.jpg

BARN FRESH!!

wow..I love the "old meets new" theme on this bike.

great idea there. thats what i would do with one too. now you just need to scuff the paint a bit and sell it on ebay as an original :mrgreen:

will you please take off the warning sticker by the stem. Our PC world has gone too far. Just like the warning on my shotgun that is permanately stamped.

That is the best thing I have seen done with a BFK...great work DD!

Ditto on the saftey sticker...that would be the finishing touch. :mrgreen:

Hey DD...on another BFK point.

You have a 05 (or 06) stingray repop and a Black Firday krate frame right there...do they appear to be made on the same assembly line? I know your not an engineer :wink: but you have wrenched on hundreds of bikes...does the BFK appear to be made to the same standard as the earlier sting-ray repops, like 'frame wise'...I know they used some other cheezer parts ie. sissy bar.

Just a question that has been floating around...

cman said:
will you please take off the warning sticker by the stem. Our PC world has gone too far. Just like the warning on my shotgun that is permanately stamped.
the sticker was the first thing to fly on the bike we got....i hate all the pc crap its like trying to pick up a turd by the clean end.

RatFink said:
Hey DD...on another BFK point.

You have a 05 (or 06) stingray repop and a Black Firday krate frame right there...do they appear to be made on the same assembly line? I know your not an engineer :wink: but you have wrenched on hundreds of bikes...does the BFK appear to be made to the same standard as the earlier sting-ray repops, like 'frame wise'...I know they used some other cheezer parts ie. sissy bar.

Just a question that has been floating around...

The frame is about the same dimension but the welds are better on the '05 and the tubes is different around the rear fender mount...I'll get some pictures to show.

Thanks guys! Loved it and did all the swaps in like 4 hrs after I got. The bike rides 10x better.

SPECs SHEET:

2005 stingray.....seat, wheel set, tire set, pie reflector and seatpost

1966 Stingray pedals
1967 Stingray Bars
1966 Schwinn Chubs
Old Aftermarket Light

cman said:
That's not PC (I mean to say that the warning label has nothing to do with "PC", not to be ironic by stating that your statement concerning the warning label is not PC).

Nice bike! I would like to kno is that a S2 or S7 rim and if so is that the wally slik? I have some S7 rims sitting around needin' some luv..

Sorry just re-read your spec list.. so are the 05 rims the same as the S2/S7?

Latest posts

Back