Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was thinking about just using this basket...

915a28dfc851d3b3a7e4943d76fcb1c9.jpg

Looking at some of your past builds I would almost love to see this done in red oxide. Some of your previous jobs with that turned out so sharp...(A Felt and a Beast to think of a couple.)

If I had it, I'd be tempted to put this motor on it! It would be interesting to see how it would work on the 20" tire/wheel. It would definitely have a lower CG.
Tas Firebolt.jpg

Tank plate arrived yesterday....with a big scratch down one side. :20: Contacted the seller and he's going to send me a new one. Installed the scratched plate yesterday to see how it would look.

Not sure I like the way these 3 piece cranks look on the bike anymore. May try installing a traditional chrome Schwinn crank and chainring to see how it looks.

Still need to track down a 20" front ducktail fender....anyone have one to sell?

tankplate.jpg

Looks like a cool project!

I wanted a cycle truck SO bad! And then I got one... They do ride just fine... but... they have a little quirk. If you ever install a wooden box/crate (or any type of tray) that keeps you from being able to put your eyes on the front wheel... It will mess with you while making tight turns. You look down and don't see a wheel pointed in your intended direction of travel and panic kicks in and you hit the brakes! LoL! And yes, I'm aware riding a bike is like riding a motorcycle. We should look "where we want to go" and not down at the front tire... but... it happens.:bigsmile:
The only time it ever gave me a problem was while negotiating some switchbacks on our local greenway... quarters were TIGHT and I was moving super slow... looked down and didn't see that front tire...:bigsmile: The guy I sold it to did the same thing when he test rode it. Any other time it rode just like a regular 26" cruiser:thumbsup:

Looks like a cool project!

I wanted a cycle truck SO bad! And then I got one... They do ride just fine... but... they have a little quirk. If you ever install a wooden box/crate (or any type of tray) that keeps you from being able to put your eyes on the front wheel... It will mess with you while making tight turns. You look down and don't see a wheel pointed in your intended direction of travel and panic kicks in and you hit the brakes! LoL! And yes, I'm aware riding a bike is like riding a motorcycle. We should look "where we want to go" and not down at the front tire... but... it happens.:bigsmile:
The only time it ever gave me a problem was while negotiating some switchbacks on our local greenway... quarters were TIGHT and I was moving super slow... looked down and didn't see that front tire...:bigsmile: The guy I sold it to did the same thing when he test rode it. Any other time it rode just like a regular 26" cruiser[emoji106]
This is very true it took me a couple times around the block to get used to it lol ... but its really fun to ride a cycle truck maybe cause they look awesome ...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Not sure I like the way these 3 piece cranks look on the bike anymore. May try installing a traditional chrome Schwinn crank and chainring to see how it looks.

I like the way that chainring looks matches the wheel set perfectly..

I like the way that chainring looks matches the wheel set perfectly..

I was thinking it may be the color of the bike that is throwing me off. If I had the frame and fork powder coated or painted it might bring it all together. Then the crank set may not look weird to me.

Just an idea. Remove the rotor, and redish the wheel so it is centered. Then maybe make larger diameter disc and have it lettered up on both sides (maybe RRB logos)?

This looks good ratty. I like the long cable & basket too! It matches the bigness of the frame. Always wanted to build one of these. Cranks look fine IMO..

Latest posts

Back