The AMF gone Board Track!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
38   0   1
I went in a completely different direction with this. I wanted to try the upside down bars and they worked great! Let me know what you think. I need to add the fender, tail lights, LED's to the headlights and paint the chainguard.

boardtrack1.jpg

boardtrack2.jpg

I droped and reversed the bars on a Girls bike I'm workin on last night to see what it looked like......

I think yours looks GREAT! You did say"what do yaa think" so here goes.

Black out the Carbon Fiber Forks to matck the Frame
Chop the ( not used )bottom of the Sissy bar off.
Buy some of that "LIQUID Chrome Spray Bomb" and do the Chain Gaurd base.
Get a Spray Bomb of Krylon Metal Flake and fog over the Chrome on the Chain Gaurd to Match the Banana seat.

Pin Stripe it(chain Gaurd ) with some red to match the tank...

Or not!!!!!!
It looks awesome any way......I love the stance! And I like how the Seat Angle...Bar Angle...Top Tube Angle all match and flow with the same line...

Great job,

Kev.

i dig the overall but the fork. Paint it the carbon fiber looks out of place. the chaingaurd painted or chromed also would look great!

I like the doube headlights, nice.

I've been looking at those forks on eBay for a while now! Noleen K2's, right?

There's another similar fork that had an air shock and machined aluminum hardware that is amazing looking. Galvin or something like that. I've heard they aren't very good by today's mountain bike standards, but I think they would look amazing on a "ritzy" custom bike.

I don't know anyone who has those forks first hand, so I have to ask (before I buy a set to modify myself): Can the fork tubes be changed out easily? Would it be easy to fabricate new fork tubes or is there something there that would make that difficult or impossible? I thought those forks would be a sweet long chopper fork with a raked head tube. Also, can the fork tubes be switched from side to side to kick the front tire more forward?

BTW: I like the carbon, my vote is to leave it as is. Updating a bike with a few old racing parts it totally cool in my book.

edit: I just saw your other post, those are Girvin forks!

Latest posts

Back