THE BIG BOSS

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
This build is a build for one of the owners of the company where my brother and I work. That's where we are getting the name for this build THE BIG BOSS. The owner has seen a few of the bikes I have built and mentioned that he would like to buy one from me one day. I was showing him pics of the Bad apple build that I did for my brother and asked him if he was ready for his bike yet and he let me know his budget. So here we go picked this up from a friend today seems like a good place to start.
DSCF2038.JPG
DSCF2039.JPG
DSCF2040.JPG
DSCF2041.JPG

I picked up a few new parts for THE BIG BOSS today and gathered a few from around the shop. I went a little over budget but he said to make sure it had the cool factor so I don't think he will mind got a screaming deal on some of the parts trying hard to keep close to budget added the bmx style neck, 18" apehanger bars and black vintage Schwinn grips the other night. Picked up a few parts after Tour De Fat chrome headlight, red wall tires, a crank, and chrome rear rack. It should go together pretty quick from here.
DSCF2052.JPG
DSCF2054.JPG
DSCF2055.JPG
DSCF2056.JPG

Thought I was about there went to put on the chain guard that I got lucky and found in matching red it won't fit the vintage Schwinn sprocket is much to large. I did a little digging and found a chrome Schwinn traveler chain guard that just needs a little clean up and some slight modding.
DSCF2099.JPG
DSCF2097.JPG
DSCF2098.JPG

That Red/Black combo is MAD cool :cool2:.

I finished up The Big Boss last night replaced the scratched up black seat post with a nice chrome one and removed the rust from the chain guard and painted the back of it with bumper paint because it wouldn't clean up enough. Delivered it this morning. He said the wife likes it and wants one so will be starting the She's The Boss build next watch for it soon
DSCF2117.JPG
DSCF2123.JPG
DSCF2124.JPG
DSCF2132.JPG
20161019_064248.jpg

Latest posts

Back