The BIG STING--Paint update 05Nov2013

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: can't decide on a name yet

I'm such a slacker on this one!! I brought the bike home and have been debating on a color. I'm off this weekend so I should be able to get some BEFORE pics of everything and start disassembly!

Re: The BIG STING

CRASH said:
The color has to be yellow and black. ;)

Nope......nothing that looks like a Bee. In fact, I'm going to go a little out of my "comfort zone" on this build and try not to paint it black.... :wink:

And Luke.....you're not "up against" anything with me involved.... I have no talent, skills, patience or any combination of the 3.

Re: The BIG STING--Starter pic added

Here's my before pic. It's the remnants of the "REAPER" build. After my last long ride w/ it, I decided to pillage some parts off it for other builds. That, and most of the skull lights got damaged.... :shock: So I'm recycling (rimshot) this one for another build!

22402536602672-vi.jpg

Re: The BIG STING

CRASH said:
Oh bull turd. Your RRB7 build partially inspired "Blackjack" for me. Now quit being modest, git ta buildin', and let us see it come together!
I can't help but repeat that in my best Colonel Sherman T. Potter voice!! :lol:

A little mock up today to see if I can get a feel for it. I see a couple things that will need replaced but I think I may have a "look" to run with.....

04402612364136-vi.jpg

05402612365269-vi.jpg

Re: The BIG STING--1st mock up pics

Found a bar for sissys and a well used nanner to add to the mock up. The seat is 18" long. I'd like to find one about 20"-21" and some taller apes that will suit the feel once the color is laid on.

I'm beginning to like what I'm seeing in my head when I look at this..... 8) 8)

16402629116565-vi.jpg

LukeTheJoker said:
That is looking cool! :D

Luke.

Thanks Luke! I'm going to try out another sissy bar to see which I like better before I make a final decision. I'm trying to find a longer nanner that's not black or white. Not seeing many options on that..... :cry:

Anybody know where I can get a vinyl glitter/sparkle/metallic banana seat that's longer than 18"? All I'm seeing is plain black, white, a combo of the two or velour.

Chips_Mahoy said:
Anybody know where I can get a vinyl glitter/sparkle/metallic banana seat that's longer than 18"? All I'm seeing is plain black, white, a combo of the two or velour.
Build one. Oh and, bike looks killer by the way. That tire looks huge! Cool 8)

Diabolical_Dork said:
Chips_Mahoy said:
Build one. Oh and, bike looks killer by the way. That tire looks huge! Cool 8)

I think that's what's goona hafta take place. I've been in contact with another member about some vinyl so that may happen. But it all boils back down to no skills & no talent.... :roll:

So far that bike is looking good! I'll be watching this one to get ideas for my Beast.

outskirtscustoms said:
So far that bike is looking good! I'll be watching this one to get ideas for my Beast.

Thanks Joe! I haven't had much time over the past few days to work on it but am going to try to Friday afternoon.

Latest posts

Back