The bike guy

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all just joined up after browsing through the forums and thought I'd give a brief intro. I'm 28 and live in Margaret river, Western Australia.

I've always been obsessed with bikes and tinkering with them. I first got serious at 13 with bmx bikes mostly skatepark which progressed through to dirt jump mountain bikes. At 17 I got my first bike mechanic job in Fremantle. At this time the fixy craze was expanding and I built a few (one being a genuine track bike from the 70's my mates dad won the wa state championship on in his teens.) Since then I have built many different bikes of all styles. I have also done 2.5 years touring and now have embraced mounting biking and am planning some big off road bikepacking trips.

I have a million ideas for projects, most of which require welding which I havnt yet learned but am going to learn.

I've recently started a new project for a crazy tandom style festival bike, which I will describe in more detail and add the progress in a build thread.

I also am looking to build a clunker using a cruiser type frame and a retro direct drivetrain, however finding a frame here is almost impossible.

Anyway cheers for reading and I will see you all around the forums.

Welcome. This is a great site for motivation on your builds.

Welcome!
I visited Fremantle and Perth back in 1983 when I was in the Navy. Only for 5 days but I remember it was a great place with friendly people. I stopped at a bike shop in Perth and picked up a used BSA 20" folder for 70 bucks and went riding all over! It was the same bike as a Raleigh 20.

Latest posts

Back