the BLUE MEANIE /new frame & seat! 11/28

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
after i finished the little bike for Zach, i was gonna get into this bike anyways and just list it in the build section.
i have most of the parts and ideally want this bike ready for the Galt round-up @ Karfer's :mrgreen:
i'm only 1/3 way through my welding class and haven't bought a welder yet :? sooooooo, this is kinda going down the face lift road (i promise no apes & white walls sensor :wink: )
i want to re-do my 20" and i like BMX parts on any 20" ride.................... 8)
growing up on the coast, i've had my share of gravity bikes too........................ :shock:
here's my before picture---------------------
Bikes014.jpg

well, at least if it doesn't make it to the round-up i got a good shot at the deadline......
looking forward to seeing the true "anything goes" bikes! all you welders, GO CRAZY!!
good luck everyone! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Re: the BLUE MEANIE ------

sensor loves apes and whitewalls right? if u need a welder come on down bring your stuff by and use mine if you need to. i just need to go get a new spool i am almost out.

i was going to offer the same thing but i doubt if youd want to drive all the way up here.....
as for apes and whites...yeah i like them for the record
karfer if your running fluxcore wire ill let you have a spool of it.....im never going to use it(i like having gas :p )

hey you guys, thanks a million for the offers :mrgreen:
when we get together in a few weeks in Galt, i'll have some questions about equipment and a better idea of where one of you lives :wink:
thanks again :D

sure i will take it i like .035 but i will take what i can get

Hey Vulture, If you need to weld some stuff before Galt, I'm in Carmichael, hop, skip and a jump from Folsom. I can squeeze in some small stuff in between my Nuke build if you want. Or have at it, I'm runnin gas sheilded .025 wire. I'd be happy to help if I can.

thanks buddy!
i'm still waiting for parts for my build, and the only time consuming project will be the paint this time around.......
so, i'm bringing it, as is, to the rodeo in Galt to compete on :lol:
if Karfer set up some bmx trails, i'd jump those too! :shock:
see you there!! thanks again!

okay, found some stuff on line, and dug some out of the attic....
the wheels need some serious cleaning :? any ideas? (other than soap and water) don't want to dis-color them with a harsh chemical...
found that they are both stamped with the little Mongoose character also (in white)
100_1839.jpg

i've been pretty distracted last few days.....
got my old school G.E. fridge :D sanded and cleared the outside, and still have ALL the parts for the inside too! :mrgreen: 8)
it's my new paint cabinet :D
100_1840.jpg

100_1841.jpg

all you VW freaks, i found this wadded up underneath it 8) check the date!
100_1842.jpg

Re: the BLUE MEANIE /got some parts! 10/19------

Ohh my grandparents used to have a fridge just like that!!!
I can still remember the noise it used to do when you opened the door!!
Thanks for the memories man!!! Thou rust is cool, It would be great with some nice paint and pinstripes...

Went back to pick up that Mongoose BMX with the logo designed chaing ring for you, but it was gone! I hope you got it if you went looking for it. Later.

I was talked out of using this bike as a donor, but i have a great idea for a dirty, bully of a 20"! going to the Vintage Bike Supply swap meet to find a frame and going to enlist the help of my amigo Kuttnhack for use of his laboratory 8)
totally caught a second wind! and i have plenty of time to finish before the deadline!
and the name shall remain the same :D

good that bike is too cool and i bet his name started with an s. ANYWAYS u coming out to the sf bike expo on the 21st?

karfer67 said:
good that bike is too cool and i bet his name started with an s. ANYWAYS u coming out to the sf bike expo on the 21st?

heck yea! bringing the tandem to that show! gonna represent for RRB and the Sac valley 8)

I'll bring the bullhorn so you can keep everyone in check :lol:

theVULTURE said:
the wheels need some serious cleaning :? any ideas? (other than soap and water)

I'd try Spray Nine..... seems to work well on dirty plastic or vinyl. I've brightened up a few white grips and seats with it. Not sure what it would do on the mags, which are RAD, by the way

Okay Vulture, We're waiting for an update!!! Maybe this bump will get you motivated.

okay...... got a free frame from my buddy James! it was rusted and black, and i started in with the sawzall and wire wheel....
then i thought..... pictures!!! DOH!!!
so here it is with all the pieces. wire wheeled
100_1879.jpg

and without the seat post tube and some other odds and ends, i got the invite to "Casa DE Kuttnhack" for a little Kuttin' and Hackin" :mrgreen:
100_1880.jpg

Latest posts

Back