The Blues King. SK build.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I sold my Hot Rod King Silver King last winter to pookie42.

I got a SK frame as a partial trade in the deal and bought a girls SK as well. Traded those off and didn't even think much of it. Then I got the urge to have the Hot Rod King back. And understandably Pookie didn't want to sell it. Only maybe if he built a blue version.

So instead i bought this.

Had factory painted/dyed tubes

Because of the remnants of the color I didn't want to polish the bike.

Start of the mock up.

At that point I put it to the side to do another build. With it brewing in my head the whole time.

Before finishing my other build my desire got the best of me. So second round of mock up.

But that blue comment stuck in my head from Pookie. So....

2spd 26x57 rims showed up.

Evolving.

Thought it was near done with a alum monark sprocket and billet kings crown valve caps on the way still.

Brothers in wheels.

Got some striping done

Then a roll of this showed up.

So I got on this.

Sewed up some of this.

Ended up like this.

Done deal for now. Besides it'll get more stripes and once I fugue out what I want to make for a chain guard I will do that.

Nice build, I've always liked the SK's.
Kenny

Another Awesome build Kevin, your talent and eye with these bikes amazes me. You get an idea, then bring it to life. Absolutely WOW! Thanks for sending me the link, I have been a bit disconnected lately.

NICE!!!
What brand are those huge Bonneville slicks?

I was wondering how I missed this one, but now I see it was over Christmas.
Tons of coolness going on there!!!

get bikes I love a silver King & you have done a great job on it .Your attention to detail make all the difference. Also great photos!!![emoji106][emoji106][emoji481]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back