The Board Track Racer, Briggs powered---Video

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Beau...... Im reading a magazine called "ol skool rodz" and i came across a picture of your bike in a feature of the "Minneapolis Messaround".

Just in case you werent aware and are interested in finding the magazine, its "Ol Skool Rodz" magazine "volume 9 number 3 June/July 2012". The picture is found on page 77........ bike looks AWESOME!!!!

How is this bike going? Have you done anything else to it? Do you have plans of doing another build?

Harry,
I had quite a few people let me know about it! It was pretty exciting. My car club was at that event and that's my old IH pickup it's leaning against.

osr2.jpg

I really have not done to much more work to it. I just ride the heck out of it. I'm waiting for something to break, but so far nothing has. When that happens the new paint, cranks and engine will be put in.

My time the last six months has been spent gathering parts to build this-

body.jpg

I signed a lease on a new workshop with all the bells and whistles though. I have purchased two tube benders and a new MIG welder. I'm not going to mess with the little bikes anymore. I'm going for a full size version next..

delete-8.jpg

One more picture I found on the web from The Bearded Lady.

I took first place at The Bearded Lady Motorcycle show in the Scooter Class.

So I'm really referring a lot to the various builds while I'm sitting on the couch trying to brain storm various ideas for my build . The thing that I like about yours is the starting mech . BUT I want to use a chain to the rear wheel and not the belt . So if I were to use a chain and no belt then I wouldn't have to use a second chain from the jack chain to the rear wheel and could use a disk brake . But I would have to have the chain to the rear wheel on the left side . So then I would use a front wheel and weld the sprocket on to that . Just looking for some advice .

I just found this build thread and read everything & watched the videos - OMG !!!!!:113: This is so cool !
I love the 20´s-30´s look . I already searched for Briggs flathead lawnmower engines…Thanks for the inspiration , your Bike is so awesome !

Latest posts

Back