The Board Track Racer, Briggs powered---Video

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Board Track Racer, Briggs powered---PAINTED!!!

Hey Beau,

I finally posted the other pics of the show.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=43912
How's the BTR riding?
I like the other pics.
I understand a little better now but still am thinking about the clutch and pedal crank interface.

See ya at the Messaround

This might be a dumb question and I may have overlooked it during the build......but how does the briggs motor not overheat without the cooling tin?

vdubman said:
This might be a dumb question and I may have overlooked it during the build......but how does the briggs motor not overheat without the cooling tin?
The Briggs engines are made to be mounted stationary or on things that move slowly. That is why they need the shrouds and fan blades on the flywheel. Now put them on something going 35mph, and the wind provides more than enough airflow through the fins to cool the engine.

When I rode it on a 100* day hitting a lot of stoplights it did start to get hot and lose a bit of power. with the Fall weather here, it rips.

We have a Police officer coming to radar us next week. Then we will know how fast we can go.

Beau said:
When I rode it on a 100* day hitting a lot of stoplights it did start to get hot and lose a bit of power. with the Fall weather here, it rips.

We have a Police officer coming to radar us next week. Then we will know how fast we can go.
You could always put a bicycle speedometer on it temporarily to find you speed. BTW, your bike looks better every time I look at it!

A few friends have video. None of them have posted it yet.

This is my new little project.

It has a 2-stoke, Tecumseh AH-600 going in it. I had 4 of the engine so me and a few buddies are all building wagon go karts for parking lot racing and car shows.

wayGun.jpg

waygun2.jpg

Very very cool..... i was considering either building a pedal car or making a go kart from a wheelbarrow bucket (ive seen it done on this site before), i already found some golf cart wheels for the rear wheels......... youre cart looks really cool and from the level of your builds i know this is going to be good...... keep us posted.... hopefully you will inspire me to move ahead with that project

It now has two speeds AND reverse. I need to source a couple belts and get the rear brakes on. SCARY

that is a nice build ya did, very well done. also like the wagon, I have one like it but haven got around to do anything with it. don't know the year but it is very old. like to see what you are doing to it with the engine.

Outlaw :mrgreen:

Fantastic build!
Thanks for posting all of this, I learned a bunch reading through it...
One thing I'm wondering about... How are you able to pedal start the engine? Specifically how do you fight the compression? Did I miss something about a compression release?
Please excuse what are probably simple questions.

It's only a three horse! It doesn't take much to kick over at all!

Maybe I will dig it out of the basement and get a video of me riding it before I tear it all apart again this Winter.

SWEET!
That's just what I was hoping to hear.
So far, I've recently picked up a 3 HP Briggs and a welder.
I just need to get a bike and *hopefully* this winter I can work on getting something together.
I've got a few other projects (surfboards) to finish building and out of my workspace first though while the weather is still nice.
EDIT: Just watched the videos. Thanks a bunch for posting those!

Latest posts

Back