The Bride of Another Monster Creator!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just finished this one, i don't have ANY before pictures. It was a little rusted, black original paint, and completely stock. I dis-assembled everything, re-built the hubs, bb, & headset. I tensioned the wheels & trued them before painting them (REALLY WARPED) and replaced the crank with a straight one (the old one was really bent...street skinny jumping?!?!?!)

Bike2.jpg

Bike15.jpg

Bike13.jpg

Bike9.jpg

Bike1.jpg

Bike8.jpg

I bobbed the rear fender, and added the tail light in it's entirety (a piece of tubing cut & fabbed to the fender, custom made lens & bulb holder, battery holder is a big fuse holder from some ghetto car sound system).

Bike6.jpg

Bike5.jpg

Bikewlight.jpg

Bike10.jpg

Bike11.jpg

I painted it with rustoleum, striped it with 1-shot and got the "Headtube badge" from an empty favorite IPA bottle. This build is for a friend, i rode it today before it goes back home. I may now just be a fan of skinny tires... :wink:

Bike3.jpg

Bike4.jpg

The bad news: I could have sworn it was an AMC, not AMF...well, the chain cover is for-ever ill lettered...hahaha!

Bike14.jpg

So im going to make a rad owners manual for it too, with hand drawn diagrams of how to change the battery, etc.
But...IT NEEDS A NAME!!! Anyone??? ("Miss-spelled" IS one option...)

Re: Nameless bike...

I dig your style of pinstriping plus that light is too cool.

Not much help on a name though. Figure out something for the AMC

Alcoholic Made Cycle...

Thanks, the taillight was really fun to make! That's what most people are stoked about

Very cool bike. Love the taillight and the striping.

I pulled the old cover off (one of those rubber covers) glued on some padding and the actual cover is an old t-shirt I got from the thrift store. I used keystone spray adhesive, spraying only the seat, let that get really tacky, and then stretch/stick the shirt to it. Worked really good, but t-shirts tend to fade from the sun really quickly. I usually use 3M spray adhesive, i've found that to be the best in the biz.

Thanks for all the compliments!

Latest posts

Back