The build formerly known as Harlequin

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anybody else got a parts list they still need to fill?
I still need to find a pair of short one piece cranks...
and a tall headtube front fork....
OH! and a welder... definitely gotta find me a welder...

Carl.

Tipple tree front fork would look cool on this. Looks like you could use a thread less neck for the rear passenger clamped on the front seat post down tube.

Tipple tree front fork would look cool on this. Looks like you could use a thread less neck for the rear passenger clamped on the front seat post down tube.
Yeah but no... I have the correct seat tube with stem built in, but I took it off. I'm planning on adding rear steering, hence the need for a longer head tube on a fork - so there's room for a gear.

Carl.

Glad to see your in Carl.
Haven't missed one since I got here... too much fun! ;)

Next WBO is a BMX/Klunker build right?
This is the frame for that... I'm using the rims for BO-X

Along with this coaster hub and some of the spokes...

Carl.

Whew! Nothing bicycley to report, been working on a guitar.
Almost ended up a page 3 slacker...
BTW, where is that action figure guy?

Carl.

Jake hasn't shown up yet.
It's been a while since we had a tandem.
Can't wait to see your cool touches on this one.

Jack n the BO-X....nice! I may have to work the number 10 into my name somehow....Hey, do you build guitars or are you more into customizing stock models? Really like to see some of your work. I have a degree in stringed musical instrument repair (violin family instruments) from Red Wing tech. Always fun to see what others are creating!.....and just so I don't get flagged; your bike build will be fun to follow!

Jack n the BO-X....nice! I may have to work the number 10 into my name somehow....Hey, do you build guitars or are you more into customizing stock models? Really like to see some of your work. I have a degree in stringed musical instrument repair (violin family instruments) from Red Wing tech. Always fun to see what others are creating!.....and just so I don't get flagged; your bike build will be fun to follow!
I don't build from scratch but I've done some heavy mods on guitars. I like building Tele style guitars, they're like Chevy's, my main guitar I play in the Praise band is a paulownia body maple capped tele. I got the body unfinished for Christmas a few years back. It's a HSS with stacked pots on the Tele plate and trick wiring.

I've also done some steampunk restyling... There's a "Guitar Players show us yours" thread here with a lot of mine in it... but the "Hotrod Wiring" is my main thing on guitars.

Carl.

Last edited:
I don't build from scratch but I've done some heavy mods on guitars. I like building Tele style guitars, they're like Chevy's, my main guitar I play in the Praise band is a paulownia body maple capped tele. I got the body unfinished for Christmas a few years back. It's a HSS with stacked pots on the Tele plate and trick wiring.

I've also done some steampunk restyling... There's a "Show us your Guitar" thread here with a lot of mine in it... but the "Hotrod Wiring" is my main thing on guitars.

Carl.
Really cool stuff! And I'm guessing the fret inlay is your doing as well....nice. I have done some modding but not much experience with the wiring end of the guitar. I did add a mini humbucker to the neck position on this Tele-style guitar and made the body (Peruvian Black Walnut, really rings and great sustain) and put a single humbucker in the neck along with flat wound strings on both to fit my jazz/blues/rock styles I play.

This one I call the "Tel-Lee" (my first name...) I don't have any controls on it, use the amp tone and pedals to modify the sound. Got any ideas...?

I've also done some steampunk restyling... There's a "Guitar Players show us yours" thread here with a lot of mine in it... but the "Hotrod Wiring" is my main thing on guitars.

Carl.
where's the guitar thread?… nice quilt-top btw.

It's in the Other talk...
My current project is an early 60's SG jr. basketcase.

The disk on the headstock is shell...didn't photo as good as it looks.
I need to finish cutting the brass nut. It's wired with bass and treble cut tones similar to the TBX but on two knobs. OG P90 in the neck, and a Duncan P90 in the bridge.

Carl.

Really cool stuff! And I'm guessing the fret inlay is your doing as well....nice. I have done some modding but not much experience with the wiring end of the guitar. I did add a mini humbucker to the neck position on this Tele-style guitar and made the body (Peruvian Black Walnut, really rings and great sustain) and put a single humbucker in the neck along with flat wound strings on both to fit my jazz/blues/rock styles I play.

This one I call the "Tel-Lee" (my first name...) I don't have any controls on it, use the amp tone and pedals to modify the sound. Got any ideas...?
The inlays are vinyl and after almost two years still look fine... Search on Ebay, vinyl inlays, they're inexpensive and many many styles are available in lots of colors including abalone or aluminum...

As for your guitars, teles are my fav's to hotrod. Those are a nice pair. If you like the straight thru (no signal lose thru vol & tone) I'd think about a simple kill switch, could double as a stutter effect. if you are curious as to bridge pups maybe a jangly retrotron style. Check out GFS (guitarfetish).

Carl.

Latest posts

Back