The build formerly known as Harlequin

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like that... Fair winds and following seas... It was just that, peacefully today. He did get a chance to see us goofing off with the Harlequin a while back, and he laughed! (cuz you can't watch it go by without laughing) Dad's at peace, and the rest of the family will hold each other up as long as it takes... Thank you all for the sentiments.

Carl.

Sorry to hear the news. Praying the time left continues to follow this pattern.

Peacefull energy headed your way Carl.

I might be able to pull that off...
Although "Little Carl" is 6'1" now and taller than me...lol.

Carl.

That's what I wanna see..:D

He makes a mistake in it, I forget where, but it's good for an easy start, just to get ya going.

Carl.

The lacing vid. I did like 4 wheels before I realized he was doing the spokes around the valve hole wrong.

He puts the first spoke next to the valve hole when he starts which is good but when he starts putting spokes in from the opposite side of the hub he puts that first spoke on the other side of the valve hole which is not how to do it. You want to put that spoke next to your first spoke away from the valve hole and then twist the hub so the spoke next to the valve hole leans away from it.

Really only notice it on a small rim with a large flange hub. Then the spokes kind of get in your way when you go to pump up the tire.

Last edited:
From the depths of page three...
I've yet to be able to get my welder up and running (no 220)
I'm also concerned with the effect of the offset rims versus the weight of two riders on the rims themselves. The rims I pulled off of the tandem have some thick spokes. The rims I laced... not so much.
I've already bent the original front seat post...
So with a resigned sigh...

Just caught up here. Sorry to hear about your dad. I lost my dad to cancer back in the early 80's. Prayers sent.

This is quite a change from the deuce! Good luck! You've got plenty of time!:chicken:
Thank you. I believe I can still put together a fun and crazy bike in the time we have left... now it's not a Deuce so... This is the beginning of Harlequin Uno!

Carl.

Welcome back buddy!

What's your plans for this new frame? Looks like fun.
Frame will stay as is... tweaked the fork already with my hand conduit bender. I need to try and get a pic of the bottom tube headjoint, it has an awesome ripple/buckle in it from a header my son took on it. Downhill into a t intersection in the woods...

Carl.

Midnite mockups...

The original drawing for the Deuce had apehangers, but the Uno seems more like a boardtracker gone wrong, these bars are growing on me.
Now, can I find a suspended tank...

Carl.

Latest posts

Back