The build formerly known as Harlequin

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh that poor seat post. It's gonna take a beatin' when she gets a buckin'.

Dig that chainring..:thumbsup:
Right! Now it's a test bed for one of Slowrider's seat posts...
Cool. It's a inside ring from an old 10 speed...o_O

Carl.

Im not sure if i missed something, but how about close up / info on the bar wrap from the front of the duce/hiboi pic?
Haha! That's some of that 3 color wrap from Benotto. It was Mexican made I believe. It comes in other colors and is on eBay... I'm not sure they even make it anymore. I have four rolls in this color enough for two sets of bars. I used it on my first build here, Headbanger.

Carl.

:eek: 11 days left ...

(anybody else freaking out yet?)

Carl.
Actually today I suddenly find myself quite relaxed... :p

Keep going Carl, I have been looking forward to this rodeo bike since you first mentioned it!

Luke.

Today I bought a chrome chain and put it together for a :eek: "shake down" run...
I had to change out the crank for a shorty....
Then the only one I had has a matching sprocket so....
I guess white will work with the paintjob I have in mind.

Carl.

Last edited:
That looks like so much fun!!!!
Can't believe you have that huge layback post with all of the bronco action.

That looks like so much fun!!!!
Can't believe you have that huge layback post with all of the bronco action.
Yeah and he's a big boy too! That speaks to the durability of slowriderz' seatposts. Imagine if I hadn't have used a springer seat...

Carl.

No new paint. I'm in the depths of a deck overhaul for a customer. It's one of my sidejobs... but this is the second deck job and the third week in a row out in the sun. I'm whooped at the end of the day (too hot) and I've no energy to work in my garage. So all the details that would've made this bike a Harlequin will not be completed. I DID accomplish one of the things I set out to do, and that was to lace a pair of eccentric rims. Check out Redbird over in the Road & Touring Bikes, that's the style I had planned on wrapping a set of apes with in black and white. The paint was detailed in the first digital mockup back when a Deuce was the plan. It was an achievable plan but the heat is whoopin' on me, and I still may do the rear steering on one of my tandems if I can get 220 into my garage. The rims can go on any 26" bike... So peace and love, this bike is done as it's going to get before the deadline. I'm already looking forward to the muscle bike build off, I actually have a muscle bike this time!

Carl.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back