The Burrito Revolution.....

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
There has been a surge in the building of "Burrito" style Bikes over on CBN and I thought I would post a few of my Faves, maybe to inspire a few of you on your next project.

4-667.jpg

atomicdog4bi4.jpg

abestanker.jpg

FATTUNA.jpg

yyzmeclongrider.jpg

DetroitCruise001.jpg

4-666.jpg

5-666.jpg

5-333.jpg

5-222.jpg

4-77777.jpg

4-8888.jpg

4-5555.jpg

halloweenFBM17174.jpg

Man, Honest Abe's bike will ALWAYS be the best burrito ever. Although the Poco Loco up at the top is really great as well. And Kenny, is that Kung Fuji in that tiny little pic at the bottom? That one should DEFINITELY be bigger!!!

i also think abe's is bad donkey but i would like to see more of this one.

4-5555.jpg

I want somethin that LOW to ride.

I'm building a burrito... but the progress is slow because the weather is baaad here... and theres plastic flooring in the garage, don't know if it will like the welding :S

:?

OK...someone has to ask. How does Burrito tie in to these mega low cruzers :?: :|

(sweet bikes)

I'm not really so sure myself.....I posted a poll on cbn http://www.chopperbicycle.net/forums/sh ... =KUNG+FUJI and it won.
I'm guessing low riders are mainly a mexicano style bicycle and these are low but not a typical "lowrider" so a Mexicano name was in order???? I dunno, I guess they kinda look like one too!!
WHO KNOWS!!! :roll:

cool...just wondering

lowride.jpg

O.G. burrito circa 1977 :wink:

These bikes look like a blast to ride, so I'm going to build one as well. Heres a photoshop rendering of what I'm going to build. Its about 8 feet long. I have a welder and a sawzall haha, wish me luck as this will be my first time building a frame. Did everyeone else use conduit for tubing? Is this the best way to run the chain with 2 seperate tensioners under the seat? keep in mind ive never done this and would like to do it right. I know the bars/stem look kind of weird in the picture. Might add a backrest if needed.

3 speed with suicide shift
26x2.125 tires
Custom "full" rear fender

myburritoconcept.jpg

If you pull that off it will be the coolest Burrito ever!!!
Most of the guys just used the rearend of a donor bike and make the front section. Conduit should work, I would use something a little stiffer to keep flex to a minimun since she'll be so low.
The pulley set-up would put the seat in an awesome position "super low" but it's a little tricky making sure it all lines up and works smoothly.
Go for it, if it doesn't work....so what, the seat comes up a few inches, no biggie. :D

I tried something really stupid once, it worked and was rideable, but it never was really "smooth" in the drivetrain department due to the pulley set-up.
I think I still hold the world's lowest seat height on a Burrito record though!

100_1167.jpg

100_1166.jpg

100_1169.jpg

100_1171.jpg

Video clip of it rollin'............

ratina said:
These bikes look like a blast to ride, so I'm going to build one as well. Heres a photoshop rendering of what I'm going to build. Its about 8 feet long. I have a welder and a sawzall haha, wish me luck as this will be my first time building a frame. Did everyeone else use conduit for tubing? Is this the best way to run the chain with 2 seperate tensioners under the seat? keep in mind ive never done this and would like to do it right. I know the bars/stem look kind of weird in the picture. Might add a backrest if needed.

3 speed with suicide shift
26x2.125 tires
Custom "full" rear fender

myburritoconcept.jpg

I'm certainly no expert! Your design looks GREAT! But if you're using STRICTLY conduit, you might want to SUPPORT the top bar a little bit. That seems like a long span for unsupported conduit. I like STRAIGHT lines, no bending, just measure and cut. I took some liberties with YOUR design (hope you don't mind). You're going to be surprised at how cheap ($) the frame will cost you. GOOD LUCK! HAVE FUN!

myburritoconcept.jpg

No I dont mind at all.

You might be right, I did play around with a few different designs inside the frame, but in the end it looked better without them. Thats the main reason I wanted to use conduit, because its cheap. What else could I use that would be stronger besides conduit?

Hey Ratina, If you use the parts that are in RED, from a donor bike, that would more than likely be strong enough. Just slip the conduit OVER the donor bike tube, all the way up to the HEAD tube. Or just go with your original design, it won't break, just might flex a bit. I' ve used conduit before, It' ll work fine.

myburritoconcept-2.jpg

My frame, with the bracing, no flex.
020_17A.jpg

Like I said before, I'M NO EXPERT, I've haven't built a BURRITO. Maybe some advice from someone that built one would be in order! HAVE FUN!

KOTA said:
Hey Ratina, If you use the parts that are in RED, from a donor bike, that would more than likely be strong enough. Just slip the conduit OVER the donor bike tube, all the way up to the HEAD tube. Or just go with your original design, it won't break, just might flex a bit. I' ve used conduit before, It' ll work fine.

myburritoconcept-2.jpg

My frame, with the bracing, no flex.
020_17A.jpg

Like I said before, I'M NO EXPERT, I've haven't built a BURRITO. Maybe some advice from someone that built one would be in order! HAVE FUN!

Thats a good idea, I have a few donor frames laying around. Will the conduit fit over it pretty snug?

Depending on your donor. A lot of bikes are 1 inch outside diameter, the conduit is 1 inch INSIDE diameter. As long as they're BOTH straight, the conduit will go over it. You MAY have to persuade it a little (HAMMER). Then weld the conduit at the head tube...... OH CRAP! I' m beginning to want one now!

Latest posts

Back