The Burrito Revolution.....

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
KOTA said:
Depending on your donor. A lot of bikes are 1 inch outside diameter, the conduit is 1 inch INSIDE diameter. As long as they're BOTH straight, the conduit will go over it. You MAY have to persuade it a little (HAMMER). Then weld the conduit at the head tube...... OH CRAP! I' m beginning to want one now!

Sounds easy enough, I'm pretty good at persuading haha.

kenny p said:
If you pull that off it will be the coolest Burrito ever!!!
Most of the guys just used the rearend of a donor bike and make the front section. Conduit should work, I would use something a little stiffer to keep flex to a minimun since she'll be so low.
The pulley set-up would put the seat in an awesome position "super low" but it's a little tricky making sure it all lines up and works smoothly.
Go for it, if it doesn't work....so what, the seat comes up a few inches, no biggie. :D

I tried something really stupid once, it worked and was rideable, but it never was really "smooth" in the drivetrain department due to the pulley set-up.
I think I still hold the world's lowest seat height on a Burrito record though!

100_1167.jpg

100_1166.jpg

100_1169.jpg

100_1171.jpg

Video clip of it rollin'............

That thing is crazy! Looks like a blast to ride though! I see what you mean, looks like the chain would be grinding a little bit being next to each other like that.

man, these frames & bikes are cool! I live in the boonies, very few paved roads, so I'm out on the low chain drag - maybe i'll build one with chain in a tube! I also want to be able to turn corners, these don't look so good at turning corners, so I'll call them parade bikes. Which is cool, I love parades. I'd also have to tuck my hair up under my hat for that back wheel!

there is one clear message in the tape measure photo....."beat this,if you can" :D

is it stil a burrito if the chain somehow goes over your head? :?

or could this be what chainless drives were ment for? :?

just trying to keep it weird n freaky

bye

Okay, for some the name is confusing. Originally the name "Burrito" was termed from Junkman on CBN. I could not attach the link, but it was basically a joke and thrown into the mix before the vote was made. I cut and pasted part of that post.

I don't know, "LongRiders" sounds to logical. When someone asks "Hey what style of bike is that?" and you tell them, "It's a LongRider." The conversation kinda ends. I like Junkman's quote that they should be called "Burrito" bikes. 1st you have a late night burrito, then you go to bed, and BAMM, you had a dream. Maybe not on the same level of Martin Luther King, but nevertheless how to build a butt scrappin bike! It could be a combination of Taco Bell indigestion gases causing a toxic hallucination, I don't know, but now when the same question is asked, there is a story.

Honest Abe said:
Okay, for some the name is confusing. Originally the name "Burrito" was termed from Junkman on CBN. I could not attach the link, but it was basically a joke and thrown into the mix before the vote was made. I cut and pasted part of that post.

I don't know, "LongRiders" sounds to logical. When someone asks "Hey what style of bike is that?" and you tell them, "It's a LongRider." The conversation kinda ends. I like Junkman's quote that they should be called "Burrito" bikes. 1st you have a late night burrito, then you go to bed, and BAMM, you had a dream. Maybe not on the same level of Martin Luther King, but nevertheless how to build a butt scrappin bike! It could be a combination of Taco Bell indigestion gases causing a toxic hallucination, I don't know, but now when the same question is asked, there is a story.

Great explanation!... Maybe someone should build one with a "TOILET SEAT"!

Latest Burrito build out of Beer Geek's Brewhouse.....
Built from two late-model (read Asian Repro Knock-off) Schwinn Canti-Cruisers.....
NewBurrito001.jpg

Here it is sitting on a 2x4, yes the rear wheel is off the ground!
DSC02461.jpg

Bottom bracket half finished....
There's a Burrito build-off and fiesta going on over at CBN, anyone interested in building a Burrito should check it out!
Ron aka Beer Geek

rstrantz said:
There's a Burrito build-off and fiesta going on over at CBN, anyone interested in building a Burrito should check it out!
Ron aka Beer Geek
what exactly is "CBN"? could someone post a link?

ok, i am over there but with a diff name. go to

CHOPPERBICYCLE.net

it has to be all caps except for .net. go to chopo shop forum find post your burrito's here. also as beer geek said there is a buildoff going on for burrito's right now. go to shop talk and look for that. enjoy

Outlaw :shock:

It's cool to see the acceptance of the Burrito style bike on here. Hey, a Burrito can be a Rat Rod too! Just look at the style of Poco Loco:
IMG_0043.jpg

or Johnnie's Rat:
Burritos002.jpg

or the latest Burrito outta da kitchen:
DSC02463.jpg

DSC02465.jpg

Hey, they're a blast to ride! All you Burritophiles, start postin' your builds!
Keep it simple - Keep it cheap - Keep it Fun!
Chop on and don't forget the other Rats.........
Ron :mrgreen:

I really think the burrito bike is the closest to an actual Rat Rod (car). Think about it: built so low it scapes, extended wheelbase, ridiculous shifters, Mexican blanket seatcovers, and combination of bare metal, original paint, primer, and rust/patina. What most call a Rat Rod Bike is closer to a "Traditional Hot Rod".

SkidMark said:
I really think the burrito bike is the closest to an actual Rat Rod (car). Think about it: built so low it scapes, extended wheelbase, ridiculous shifters, Mexican blanket seatcovers, and combination of bare metal, original paint, primer, and rust/patina. What most call a Rat Rod Bike is closer to a "Traditional Hot Rod".

agreed.

SkidMark said:

Since your new, I'll warn ya that the "What is a Rat Rod Bike" question has come up a few times and usually sparks some heated discussions (everyone's got their own ideas). It seems that everyone has agreed that we're not necessarily trying to copy the way the cars look in a bike as much as we're trying to create cool custom bikes with a vintage style from pieces and parts that we have.

I agree though...the burritos do look a lot like the newer cartoonish looking Rat Rod cars that people are building. :D

Rat Rod said:
SkidMark said:

Since your new, I'll warn ya that the "What is a Rat Rod Bike" question has come up a few times and usually sparks some heated discussions (everyone's got their own ideas). It seems that everyone has agreed that we're not necessarily trying to copy the way the cars look in a bike as much as we're trying to create cool custom bikes with a vintage style from pieces and parts that we have.

I agree though...the burritos do look a lot like the newer cartoonish looking Rat Rod cars that people are building. :D

Yeah, I'm sure it has. I've discussed it at length on the Jalopy Journal (rat vs. traditional), and on the Jockey Journal (what is a chopper). I've lurked here for a while, and stuff has been cross-posted to the Jockey Journal from here. For me, my bicycles are definitely influenced by traditional motorcycle choppers and hot rods, with a little of the exagerated rat rod look. A lot of the stuff I see here is too super-clean to be "rat" and not that chopped up, not that that is a bad thing...some of them should survive intact.

Latest posts

Back