The Burrito Revolution.....

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i refer to my burrito's as ratrods. i use vintage bikes, and make do with what i have/what i can find. some parts old some new.
i feel the same, nothing screams rat rod like an old chopped up vintage bicycle turned burrito.
cause i dont like rust, and always modify the frames, some say there more rod than rat.
i dont agree.
1980 girls rapido
IMG_1150.jpg

1960's schwinn middle weight knockoff
IMG_1493.jpg

IMG_1503-1.jpg

1967 stingray
IMG_1662.jpg

I glanced at the stretched stingray before but now that I really look at at I realize that thing is SICK.. I'm 6'8" and I think I can ride it!! lol

OUTLAW said:
ok, i am over there but with a diff name. go to

CHOPPERBICYCLE.net

it has to be all caps except for .net. go to chopo shop forum find post your burrito's here. also as beer geek said there is a buildoff going on for burrito's right now. go to shop talk and look for that. enjoy

Outlaw :shock:

Jeez, that site could use a spam filter.

MadMick said:
OUTLAW said:
ok, i am over there but with a diff name. go to

CHOPPERBICYCLE.net

it has to be all caps except for .net. go to chopo shop forum find post your burrito's here. also as beer geek said there is a buildoff going on for burrito's right now. go to shop talk and look for that. enjoy

Outlaw :shock:

Jeez, that site could use a spam filter.
It's sad to see it taken over by spammers like that. If nothing else they should stop new registrations and or posts and just try to preserve all the good info and photos that are on the site. I'd hate to see it disappear like Kustom Cruisers did.

Unlike here the webmaster never really took a very active roll in the site.

yep, it is to bad at what happen there. i don't think it will happen here. i have seen some spam on here and it was taken care of in a hurry. thank you Steve. the Burrito bikes are my fav. am still working on myh 20" Burrito. also need to finnish my other 2.

Outlaw 8)

kenny p said:
If you pull that off it will be the coolest Burrito ever!!!
Most of the guys just used the rearend of a donor bike and make the front section. Conduit should work, I would use something a little stiffer to keep flex to a minimun since she'll be so low.
The pulley set-up would put the seat in an awesome position "super low" but it's a little tricky making sure it all lines up and works smoothly.
Go for it, if it doesn't work....so what, the seat comes up a few inches, no biggie. :D

I tried something really stupid once, it worked and was rideable, but it never was really "smooth" in the drivetrain department due to the pulley set-up.
I think I still hold the world's lowest seat height on a Burrito record though!

100_1167.jpg

100_1166.jpg

100_1169.jpg

100_1171.jpg

Video clip of it rollin'............
always could be lower :mrgreen:

kenny p said:

Actually that could have been an easy fix, just move the chain pulley from right next to the crank like you have it in the pics and move it back to about where the top tube meets the bottom. the chain would have a more natural line to it and a lot less stress on that one spot as well.

Im building a burrito my self becouse I wanted something different. Around here theres not a big bike crazy so I wanted something to turn heads. Got a five speed rear with a sucide shifter and brake. takes some pratice to ride.

once ya ride a Burrito, you'll never go back.lol

Outlaw 8)

Thanks for the inspiration guys, I am totally making one of these as a first welding project. :D :D :D

This was my first custom build. I ended up selling it to a member here, before I signed on to this site. I didn't know these were a thing then, but other than not being able to go over speed bumps, it was very comfortable to ride. It's still my favorite build so far.

IMG_0189.jpg

Latest posts

Back