The Butcher!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well this is kind of a repost, but i finally got a camera(for christmas) and i wanted to show you guys what i built. heres the sketch:
img063.jpg

and here she is, so far:
SANY0003.jpg

SANY0004.jpg

SANY0006.jpg

the bike was built from an exersizer frame, random hunks of tubing i saved, and a rear triangle from a sad traveler. oh and everything else was garbage picked, free, or i already had it.i need to fix the three speed hub, and fix the shifter, to hook that up, and find a much stiffer spring to replace the one thats in there.

the frame acutally doesnt flex much, if anything at all. its all in the springer i do believe. and no paint, just take off the red paint on that little bit of tubing you see, and clear the whole frame. i might paint it later on, but i wanted to keep the coppertone.

If you put your giant sprocket that came with it back on that thing will fly. I built a bike using similar parts and it is fast! Your sitting position looks like a better setup than mine. Yours could be quite a bit faster. I entered mine in a 20 mile race. I finished in under an hour. I kept up 25 mph for the first 3 miles. If you choose to actually ride fast, you may want to consider a backrest of some sort. I plan to do that to mine for next years race. Nothing too big, just enough to supprt your backside and put the power to the pedals.

I am looking forward to seeing this finished! I really like the speedo. Is it a headlight flipped around?
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=14695&start=45&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

i am loving the lines of that bike great job i was hoping that you would finish this bike cause i really like the design.... can't wait to see it painted up ....

i actually dont have the big sprocket. i was only given the frame and the fork thing. its not for speed, for cruising. thats what all my bikes are for.
I really like the speedo. Is it a headlight flipped around?
it sure is. im going to paint all the numbers and lines on it to make it look more realistic.

and you guys think i should paint it? what color you think would look good? i was planning on leaving it mostly bare metal, but im open to ideas.

no black. :lol: but i do think its worthy, but for now im more focused on making it rideable.

might work. idk man, only one way to find out. :wink: what state do you live in? :lol:

so take it to a pro paint shop and mess around with toners till i get coppertone? BRILLIANT! :D

thanks! :lol: but the seat stays that way. and is it really your wallpaper? usually your bikes are my wallpaper.

hmmm.. maybe i could cut lightening holes in the leather to make it cooler. :)

i dont know about green man, but a dark green might work. ill have to experiment somehow.

Latest posts

Back