The Canary Cruiser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good news is I've struck gold and been chatting away to a fella here in the UK that has tonnes, and I mean ALOT of parts, that his letting me cherry pick what I want, at good prices! So I've got, stem, chainring, grips coming from him, and sit back saddle post and ape hangers from else where coming over the next couple of weeks! Feeling really positive now about the cruiser, and will keep Y'all updated with snaps as and when.! I'm now also starting another build, with a 50's triumph frame, this is for the wife! This will be a traditional English ladies bike, but ratted to her standards!

That is a cool fat saddle. Cork grips can really look cool with a little varnish.

It's been a while, sooooooo...... Here ir is at the moment
IMG_20190718_162801.jpg

I got ape hangers and a different stem,
IMG_20190718_162808.jpg

All (I think) I have left to do is get different grips and chain ring. What's everyone thoughts so far????

YES!!!! I really like the apes. I think they’re cool, AND they offer the most comfortable riding position while cruising.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apes are cool, dig the saddle, pedals are sweet. Match the grips to the saddle, I like @kingfish254 idea, cork grips (most LBS can order them) and then varnish with Zinssers Amber Varnish.

To me this has a real stripped down, beach / boardwalk rider vibe. Which the head and tail light don't really match up with, but that's just me.

Apes are cool, dig the saddle, pedals are sweet. Match the grips to the saddle, I like @kingfish254 idea, cork grips (most LBS can order them) and then varnish with Zinssers Amber Varnish.

To me this has a real stripped down, beach / boardwalk rider vibe. Which the head and tail light don't really match up with, but that's just me.

Thanks buddy, appreciate the feedback.
The hand grips are only temp, they are being changed for some older brown grips, and the lights, I know it's the summer here in the UK, but this is my ride atm and I ride in the dark, so I need some lights.
But thanks again!

Yellow paint for the black headlight? Even a shade off could still be a better match that the black. Chrome is always good, maybe aluminum color paint to match the rims. But me, I'd be painting yellow. I like what you got started though, clean cruiser.

Carl.

Latest posts

Back