The DARKSIDE Kick....formerly known as The MAMBA

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is my entry for the build off. It's an old Western Flyer my Dad got just the other day. As soon as I saw it I knew I had to have it. Then he talked me in to being on the site and doing a custom build. I'm building this to look like a Green Mamba snake for my wierd fascination with their looks.

Re: The MAMBA

I've got an exact copy of that bike! Though, mine is not in the same shape....much grimey-er!

You can use the aluminum gutter guard (expanded aluminum with a small diamond pattern) to spray paint a "scale" pattern if you are going that direction.

Good luck and have fun!

yoothgeye said:
You can use the aluminum gutter guard (expanded aluminum with a small diamond pattern) to spray paint a "scale" pattern if you are going that direction.

Good luck and have fun!

Fishnet stockings and those plastic mesh "orange bags" work, too! For the Mamba, Light green/chartreuse base with lime green over the "mesh of choice"! Killer stuff! I was going to do a "copperhead" bike, but it turned into my "Bad Penny" (headtube is my avatar)!

Peatbog said:
Okay, I was curious so I googled "Green Mamba" just to see what one looked like. Yep, it is green, but it is a really freaking cool kind of green:

Green_Mamba_by_shadowfire_x.jpg

Is that bike going to be Green Mamba green?
Yes. If everything goes okay with the painting it will look like the snake scales.

Not much to update you with except that I've decided to use a different bike for building The Mamba. I'm going to use one of the West Coast Choppers bikes we have and parts we have stockpiled so I won't have to buy anything but paint. I'm still going with the Green Mamba snake theme but I'm not going to do the scales. I gave the Western Flyer back to my Dad and he's already making changes to it.

Here's the WCC bike I'll be using. I don't know what seat I'll use yet or if I'll add a sissy bar or something.

Re: The MAMBA (NAME CHANGE COMING)

I'm updating this for Greg while he's at school.....

He removed the tank and began sanding it down:

He's also decided to change the theme of the bike from a Green Mamba Snake to this video game character. I don't really know what the new name will be or what he's visualizing but here's his inspiration:

So, exactly how many bikes are in BO7 from the Mahoy Mafia???

Here is some old school Robin inspiration for you.

imperious_rex.jpg

bcycle.jpg

The DARKSIDE Kick.....formerly known as The MAMBA

Greg wanted me to update the new name of his bike. It'll be now known as "The DARKSIDE Kick"......

We picked up his paint and he's already out there working on it as I'm typing this. Pics to come soon!

I started paint some of the parts last night after my dad and I went to town for it. I'm using Rustoleum's Hammered crimson like red and Hammered Gold. The frame will be semi-gloss black.

The crank, sprocket and risers are Hammered Gold:

The handlebars are going to be Hammered Crimson:

I'm still working on getting the tank and frame ready and I'm not sure what I'll do with the wheels yet. I did change the sprocket from the WCC one to an OCC one. I like their look a lot better.

That goes along with the feel of your Arkham Robin.
Look forward to seeing how you pull it all together.

Latest posts

Back