The DARKSIDE Kick....formerly known as The MAMBA

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The MAMBA

brett4christ said:
yoothgeye said:
You can use the aluminum gutter guard (expanded aluminum with a small diamond pattern) to spray paint a "scale" pattern if you are going that direction.

Good luck and have fun!

Fishnet stockings and those plastic mesh "orange bags" work, too! For the Mamba, Light green/chartreuse base with lime green over the "mesh of choice"! Killer stuff! I was going to do a "copperhead" bike, but it turned into my "Bad Penny" (headtube is my avatar)!

Nooooo dont use the name Copperhead lol.
This is what you look like after a moron at work plays a joke on you with a Copperhead snake!!
Me in sept 2007,the mofo bit and wouldnt let go,he just wriggled around til he positioned for a second bite!
That venom is like liquid fire in your veins,,wooo it hurt
100_0175.jpg

105_3009.jpg

WOW after some thing like i would need a new friend and work cause the wouldent be able to find the last one... glad you pulled through bro...

Wow, glad you made it through that.

Chips_Mahoy said:
Does anyone else have "Copperhead Road" stuck in their head now :?: :!:

I started to mention that, but didn't wanna spook X

100 pound of yeast on the copper line...everybody knew to make moonshine...Hiccup hiccup :lol:

If you've never had it imagine drinking broken glass on fire. It is a drink that must be sipped not drank.

Re: The DARKSIDE Kick Update 10Jun2012

Greg's been working on it a bunch lately but I've been terrible at taking pics for updates...... :oops:

He's changed the color scheme of it a couple times since the last update. And after clarifying that he cant use a decal or stencil, unless he made them, to put the insignias he wants on it, that's exactly what he did:
DARKSIDEKickwork08Jun2012001-vi.jpg

I'll try to get some pics of his parts he's painted soon!

Chips_Mahoy said:
Greg's been working on it a bunch lately but I've been terrible at taking pics for updates...... :oops:

He's changed the color scheme of it a couple times since the last update. And after clarifying that he cant use a decal or stencil, unless he made them

Just wondering who clarified the non use of decals or stencils made by other people?..........There's been plenty used in previous build-offs, and this one as well.

bean said:
Just wondering who clarified the non use of decals or stencils made by other people?..........There's been plenty used in previous build-offs, and this one as well.

I've never heard this before either, plenty of people have used purchased decals and stencils, can't be any worse than farming out your pinstriping work.

yoothgeye said:
bean said:

I've never heard this before either, plenty of people have used purchased decals and stencils, can't be any worse than farming out your pinstriping work.

I think Chips is trying to help his son build some new skills. I don't think it is against the rules. I even have a super secret graphics designer from BO6 helping me work out some graphics for my build. But I am thinking about freehand painting them myself.

That's pretty much it, but I have my reasons.

1. I didn't want him to short himself of his abilities and creativity. Too many kids now days are so used to getting everything made for them or have something ready-made at their disposal.
2. It will help build his concentration skills & faith in himself.
3. He will be able to see first hand the payoff from his efforts. Even if there's a trial & error period.

The way that I'm taking the rules is the builder has to do the work himself. If a builder wants a stencil, but doesn't have a vinyl cutting or like machine at their disposal, they would need to make the mask themselves.

kingfish254 said:
yoothgeye said:
bean said:

I think Chips is trying to help his son build some new skills. I don't think it is against the rules. I even have a super secret graphics designer from BO6 helping me work out some graphics for my build. But I am thinking about freehand painting them myself.

And that my friends is why the "Mahoy Mafia" rocks!!!!! 8)

yoothgeye said:
OK, so where are the old pictures? They aren't showing up.

Fotki has suspended their HotLinking service indefinitely so I have to do it a different way. Anything that was HotLinked previously doesn't show up now.

Any updates from the Mahoy Mafia Sidekick?

The Freaky Bunnies are getting hungry for an update!!!!!!

bunnyteeth.jpg

kingfish254 said:
Any updates from the Mahoy Mafia Sidekick?

The Freaky Bunnies are getting hungry for an update!!!!!!

bunnyteeth.jpg

Well.....as a matter of fact, there is. Greg has declared this morning that he is quitting the build off due to "everyone else being done already". I'm not done, Aaron has no progress whatsoever to report and I'm pretty sure alot of other builders aren't finished as well. So, to shorten an already too long of a story, I told him hes got time to finish it and to NOT QUIT!!!!

Jump back in Greg and Aaron!!!!!!!

MOST builds are totally UNFINISHED!!!!!

There are Six Weeks left.

I finished BEER RUN last year in the last 30 days and it was the first time I had even built a custom bike!!!!

There are quite a few builds that just started in the past 10 days.

Come on guys!!!!! Don't give up!!! You all have very cool ideas!!! Let us see them finish!!!

Latest posts

Back