The "Death Proof" Outlaw Soapbox Derby Racer

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well see.... there you go.... I wasn't down here until two months ago. BUT now that I'm getting acclimated to the cool events of SoFLa, I'll certainly BE THERE!

It's kinda funny.... I live adjacent to a ritzy neighborhood where all of the kids ride $1000+ bikes. Now that I ride through dailly on my Semi Rat-Rodded Trek or the Infamous Tornado, they've ditched their fancy-pants rides and started building their own custom jobbies! (I bet their parents are really happy!)

I guess COOL must be contagious as all get-out. Either that, or I'm sort of a "Johnny Appleseed" of customized junkers!

sweet ride, i thought florida was flat. :( bring it up here to middle goergia we have some sick hills. 8)

Cool Dave, keep it up!!!

Dinnerman, Your right, we are flatter than all git out.....but we got Landfills. One is now a county park with a paved road to the top, I just tried it out this morning, got around 20+ mph and the run was just over 60 seconds. Pretty boring compared to the Cali Boys, but whatcha gonna do :(
If I head up that way, I will be sure to let ya know!

100_1668.jpg

Kenny, I was thinking about this thing, and I have one question-
If you are truly racing this thing, which is totally awesome, wont you lose efficiency from the huge rear meats?
know they look super cool, but don't they add alot of rolling resistance? Or is the pressure in them really high, and you've got some super fast bearings?

Extend the rear a bit, Drop in a Junior Dragster Brigg's motor. =] Build a roll bar. Dude you could get rich making them and selling them.

Tomb, it's just for fun....If I'm last, at least I'll look cool rollin' in. :D

I am going to make a fast one as well, minimalistic and aero. That one will start being worked on next week, stay tuned.

Ricky- rich off of hot rod wheel barrows...that would be kinda cool!!!!

tell me about it. Ill give u an old schwinn to cut up if u build me one with a motor, lol

I'm bumping this thread Kenny
I'll be picking up the last of my parts to really get started tomorrow
mine will be pedal powered and probably have a roof too

you have inspired me, and I applaud your workmanship!

kudos to "death proof"

Thanks Vulture, it's really cool that it inspired you. Looking forward to seeing your version of it!!!
Here are a few pics of other silly stuff I did that ya might dig........

The second Downhill Derby we had, we had to base our cars on a "shopping cart", here are my three entries.

100_2177.jpg

100_2175.jpg

100_2241.jpg

100_2280.jpg

And our third Downhill the cars were based on a "cooler"......

cooler2.jpg

and the final product, my son posing in the Top Fuel Cooler.

coolergasser-1.jpg

Then I guess I must say Thank You twice! For the compliment and the inspiration! Many good times were had because of you wild guys out on the west coast!

Latest posts

Back