The Difference Engine...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I wonder how hard it would be to make a lacquered parchment rear disc?

Carl.

Edited my picture to be closer to the real deal. No Monark fork, no mustache handlebars...

Last edited:
I'm liking what I see so far, the truss really adds panache to a diamond frame.
I'm curious to see how far you take the Jules Verne vibe.

A rear disc should be a piece of cake for someone with skills... and you have them skills... I know you do :praise:

Glen.

Thanks Guys! Working on my punchlist...
1. Paint
2. Tires & Rims
3. Handlebars and wrap
4. Seat
5. Light

Wish I could swing a Monark style fork... but before I can even do #1 I have to finish stripping the frame and grind off all the cable stays...o_O

Carl.

Last edited:
Two things I love waiting for...
Paint to dry, and parts in the mail.
Meanwhile, designs fly around in my head...

Carl.

Edit: While I'm waiting... Anybody got the math to figure out a cone (wheel disc)?
Google here I come... I want to layout the cone flat. There's gotta be a formula...

Last edited:
Anybody ever feel the need to fabricate your own wheel disk?
Just Google cone layout calculator.
There's many calculators for figuring sheet metal cones
just plug in the numbers...
Any day this old carpenter learns something is a good day...

Carl.

Anybody ever feel the need to fabricate your own wheel disk?
Just Google cone layout calculator.
There's many calculators for figuring sheet metal cones
just plug in the numbers...
Any day this old carpenter learns something is a good day...

Carl.
Thanks for the tip!

Luke.

No more pics for now but things are rollin'... Got my tires and crank, fabbing copper truss rods for the longer fork. I need to find me a motocycle style light soon. I want to curve my truss rods around it. I still need to find a 700c rim with a coaster cuz I'm not going fixie and I cut the mounts for the brake arms off the frame already in prep for paint, hehe... Yeah I cut all the cable tabs off the frame too, she's lean and clean. Did anybody catch the glass part of the arch with antifreeze in it? It's so sic on the bike! I have a little detail using a green Mickey's big mouth bottle under wraps and I'm still dreaming of the rear wheel disk...
( :eek: for a wheel I don't have yet ) but we still got a month to go...

Carl.

Did anybody catch the glass part of the arch with antifreeze in it?

Yeah I saw that and thought... "lordy loo that's cool... hope he's thinking of a way to make bubbles in there" o_O

You say we've got a month to go like it's heaps of time... yikes, so much to do :eek:.

Glen.

Sprayed a can of flat rat black on mine today...

I preheated my basement some with a space heater. I also warmed the can in some hot water, flowed on nice, AND it was a black bike to begin with. ;) I also wet sanded it everywhere that I didn't already work on when I stripped the cable stays off.

Carl < Is on schedule...:dance2:

Edit: Yep. I'm recycling posts from another thread...

Last edited:

Working on my punchlist...
1. Paint --- 75%
2. Tires & Rims --- 50%
3. Handlebars and wrap Done! (I found some to match the bars on HeadBanger!)
4. Seat --- still looking...
5. Light --- In the post...

Yets...
Detail paint, steam punkage, decals, truss rods, more steam punkage, rear wheel disk, chain guard, seat, gauges, sharpie work, and more steam punkage, and clear coat. Ya! Less than 30 days...

Carl.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back