The Difference Engine...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh man don't be mixin' up yer rollout with yer inch gearing.... next thing you know somebody will be measurin' the distance of yer bunny hop with a multiplier from the diameter of the smallest coin in yer pocket divided by the width of the curb...

Merle. :crazy:
36" x $.05 / 6"= 0.3! Impressive! :113:

Luke.

Only a 36" bunny hop? Come on step up your game. Lol
But on a serious note On my BMX bike I can bunny hop from flat ground up to a picnic bench top. I'm going to say just over 30"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only a 36" bunny hop? Come on step up your game. Lol
But on a serious note On my BMX bike I can bunny hop from flat ground up to a picnic bench top. I'm going to say just over 30"

I cant bunny hop at all, so you have me beat!

Luke.

That is looking nice!

Luke.
Thank you. I saw only 4 new posts in this forum in 24 hrs and I thought.. Ok it's time to show up! I still want to mount a rear light and turn the Mickey's bottle into a battery pack. But the Bike is basically done. If the weather man is correct today it's only in the 10's but by Thursday it will be 50! Woohoo I'll be ridin'!

Carl.

As much as I love that bar wrap, those cruiser bars just ain't gettin' it. Picked up a 63 Schwinn Typhoon that had some little mustache bars... Woohoo! Just what I wanted, just ordered some white cokebottles from Ian to finish it off. Still need to fab a tail light, and this bike is crying for me to ride it and the weather just isn't cooperating. Still, the little stache' bars make me happy.

Carl.

Last edited:
You may have already covered this but is it a single speed or geared? I see the tensioner but no cables to change gears and it appears to only be one gear

Yes it is a single speed. Remember last Thursday when we were discussing the gear ratio? Single speed 48:18 Come on, wake up man...:39:

Carl. :crazy:

Last edited:
Not so much as to make up for the vertical dropouts, there's no adjustment for chain tension with vertical dropouts. So we use a tensioner. I could maybe trim the chain down to pretty close and then use elliptical axles, but that's pricey and I've never done that either... So even tho they say a tensioner won't work with a coaster brake mine does, but I probably will be taking the spring out anyway and setting it static, with no springiness, just to be safe.

Carl.

Latest posts

Back