The Eggbuster (renamed)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This thread is not dying, it's just resting... :)
It's still as in the last pictures and it rides great!
All the projects are resting for that matter. The missus wants some work done in the backyard, so that goes first... But, as i'm doing that, at least i can work on a nice 1:10 RC rockcrawler course :mrgreen:

Got a cruise tommorow, and i realized last week, that i didn't have bike ready... So this project came out of the shed to be finished.
Here's how it sits now, after a quicky paintjob
1318679905-picsay.jpg

And some details:
Front axle
1318679796-picsay.jpg

The bars
1318679814-picsay.jpg

Shifter

Hey dude,it;s monstrous (in the good sence). Looks smashing in this black coat. And awesome details, of course. Btw, where's the cruise that you're gonna ride? Send in a riders report afterwards,'cause I'm curious about the handling of the bike.
Maybe next sunday (30th),I'm going to ride the last cruise of the year in The Hague. That is: if the wife gives me time off. :mrgreen:
But even then I'm not sure,it's a 40 k ride,just to get there.(and 40 k back). :shock:

Hey W!

The ride was the 16th of octobre in Breda. It was good fun! My brother joined me on the stretch ratty (which he owns now)
The bike was super comfortable actually. I wasn't even tireed when i got home. But i think we only made about 25 to 30k.
Last saturday was nice weather too, so i took this bike for a ride and ended up riding across the moerdijkbrug and back, which was about 38km. Still was pretty comfortable. Well, at least not more uncomfortable then a normal roadbike. Took about 2 hoours, so the speed was okay too.

Good to hear that it's a comfy ride. Allways nice to know,that you haven't done all this work for nothing. Now we definitely have to ride some cruise together,sometime. Like I said, next sunday,between 12.00 and 13.00,Grote Markt,Den Haag. Last cruise of the season. If it's not too windy, I'll try to get there (by bike). Allways welcome, if you feel like riding along. :mrgreen:

It was a great cruise, Mr. H. Too bad you couldn't make it. Done some 120 k,but it was worth it. Dumped some pics on the DHC-forum. :mrgreen:
See ya 'round.

Hey there.
Awsome build, no doubt it's an evil bike.

In this pic
Hoeha said:
Shifter
1318679829-picsay.jpg

I noticed you'v got a bell crank (I think this term is correct - referring to the piece that connects the shifter cable to the 3spd shimano nexus hub).
I've been lookin for one for a long time for this build: viewtopic.php?f=48&t=42596&st=0&sk=t&sd=a.
I also notice the ".nl" on the decals. Are you in Holland? The nexus I'm using on that bike was brought to me by a friend that went there, but he didnt bring the bell crank /connection piece...

I wanted to ask if you know of a store there from which I can order this part.

thanks a lot and congrats on a fabulous build.

Thanks man!

yes i am in Holland, and the bell crank (i do not know the exact name either, so you might be correct, i don't know :D ) isn't for sale without the clickbox (for the handlebars) and cable. Actually, i haven't found a site that sells them yet. Mostly because i haven't looked for it. I usually get one at my LBS....

Latest posts

Back