The Elgin Bruin! ***Fender Update June 16th***

Dec 7, 2007
New Hampshire
Re: Blackhawk for the Build-Off **Update 5/31 Brazing!***

Thanks man. I did mess up the head tube a bit. That only annoyed me because I didn't even have to touch that spot..but I'm pretty happy overall since it was my first frame repair ever (the torches are at my work).

Dec 7, 2007
New Hampshire
Re: Blackhawk for the Build-Off **Update 5/31 Brazing!***

Thanks! I'm glad you guys like it. As per usual with me, I initially planned to build this bike as original as possible but got totally side tracked. Stay tuned. :)

Dec 7, 2007
New Hampshire
Re: Blackhawk AKA: The Blech-Hawk **Update 6/7 PAINT!**

Ok, so this bad boy is painted. First, grey (sealer) primer and then some red (filler) primer...

Then just a little black filler primer...

While any true rat-rodder knows what's gonna happen next, nobody seems to know what is wrong with Brian (RRB member stickit)...

So I then coated the frame in some sea-foam green-ish paint I found at the parts store. I think it is a Honda color. Meh.

BUT THEN! How to make a mediocre build much nicer and more expensive? Obviously, take a trip to Joe's (member yeshoney) house! Some lovely nickle forks and truss rods, set of triple step wheels, brown/whitewall tires, huge bars, and tall seat post officaly more than doubled the price of this build. :shock: So here is the sneak peak of the bike...

Dec 7, 2007
New Hampshire
Re: Blackhawk AKA: The Blech-Hawk **Update 6/7 PAINT!**

So I *had* to wet sand it some, right? Maybe just a little tiny bit?

And before you know it, it looked like an old school rat rod should. What next?

Nov 22, 2011
KS
Re: Blackhawk AKA: The Blech-Hawk *Update 6/9 WHAT THE?*

Looking good. Nice frame, never seen one like that.

Sep 1, 2006
Simsbury, CT
Re: Blackhawk AKA: The Blech-Hawk *Update 6/9 WHAT THE?*

Gonna have plenty of time to work on it while watching the epic Bruins battle for the CUP!

Looking good!

Dec 7, 2007
New Hampshire
Re: Name Change: This is now The Elgin Bruin!

Boston strong!

Bump to say it. I cannot in good conscience continue to build a "Blackhawk" while supporting my beloved Boston Bruins. Suck it Chicago. Lol. Go Bruins!!!

Dec 7, 2007
New Hampshire
Re: Name Change: This is now The Elgin Bruin!

The Fenders:

Had a pair of trashed front fenders. Since I was going with a custom look anyway, might as well do something different here too. What do you think?