The Elgin Experiment (could have been a contender)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Elgin Experiment (Lights!)

meh, they'll still see him with that silver and red! i say both go down low, it looks sleeker. and that delta light is better as a taillight anyway.. :wink:

get ta buildin or ill put lobsters in yer sheets! :lol:

i like the lights down low. goes better with the lines of the bike, i think. :wink:

lobsterboyx said:
someone please motivate me!

they just changed the build off end date.

only 3 days left, better get motivated!
(then again i could be stretching the truth much like a frame on a custom build) :lol: :lol:

lobsterboyx said:
someone please motivate me!
jezusjonz said:
Ok so count me in on the prize patrol. I do metal etching with headbadges as my thing to make. Custom or reproductions. I mainly use brass but can also etch in copper. Below are some examples
Jonessonsm.jpg

Udall1Flyer.jpg

some other examples
riconew.jpg

StatueofLibertycopy.jpg

or we can make a small brass plate with a picture of your build on it....as soon as I get permission I'll post a picture of an example.
Or you can help come up with something. ....and since 1st 2nd and 3rd are covered I'll take 4th 5th and 6th.
Later
Terry[/quote
:wink:

decided to leave the tank virgin and shoehorn a 9 volt inside the headlight with the led - gonna drill for the switch tomorrow. I need to whip up some bracketry for the headlight. and im still on the fence about the tail light, the swap is coming up and i think i might be able to do a bit better. I also need... some skirt guards.

6125331a.jpg

tank graphics?

bike.jpg

that graphic is the pacific electric rail car system that ran all over la from the 20s - the 60s

the beauty
DSC_0014-1.jpg

the beast
DSC_0003-4.jpg

Re: The Elgin Experiment (tank graphics?)

Yeah, those tank graphics would look really nice! Maybe incorporate that silver colour on the frame in the graphics somehow?

Re: The Elgin Experiment (witty euphemism for nothing going on)

:lol:

Re: The Elgin Experiment (witty euphemism for nothing going on)

This ish just got real... real quick!

I got a package in the mail today from another forum member, npence - Id also just like to give him a little holla because he was an awesome seller!

ae49da10.jpg

14433f86.jpg

thats right! girls skirt guards! These are actually in really nice shape, they arent broken and they are pretty straight... also in this lovely care package, i got the original girls chainguard (plan on using it for another project, but its still pretty effin awesome). then there is this, im kinda on the fence about it...

original
e4e778d0.jpg

or....

oooohh la la... ravishing!
a07ac2f0.jpg

bf093fa2.jpg

this light is, how should i put this, virgin. there has never been a battery inside this thing and the lens is in perfect shape not cracked at all it is just awesome!

so next up on the agenda is to strip and paint them! that should be fun! i also have to lay out the tank graphics and cover the seat, then i have to repair the rack as one of the ears has broken off.

YEAH

Re: The Elgin Experiment (More sheet metal, You know how I do..)

Where have I seen them skirt guards and rear rack before :idea: O yeah I believe they where mine. they look a lot better on your bike though. I glad you are happy with them. will have to keep an eye on this build now. :D

i always wanted to use a skirtguard just wasnt sure bout it but i aim now it looks awsum the rack looks good to nice build off :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

i say the second rack, it matches the gaurds better. :D might wanna work out those kinks though. :p

I think im going to go with the second rack - but i cant quite figure out what bike it came off of! and i cant quite figure out if its supposed to be bent like it is...

it doesnt show any signs of being bent by someone riding around on his sisters rack (that sounds wrong...) but i cant find another one to confirm my findings. i prepared a jig... a half moon shaped piece of wood from a dining room table project and ive secured a 280 pound press (my fat ... jumping up an down on the jig)... either way i think i have to make a new rack support to put a nice flowy angle on the rack - but before i do it, i want to make sure im not botching up some rare 1 year only rack...

as far as the supports are concerned - anyone know where i can get curved/swoopy fender braces or should i just make them?

mid 40s CWC roadmasters had curved ones. that should fix your search. :) oh and if i could get a side shot of the rack, maybe it isnt bent, just made that way.

Latest posts

Back