The ELIMINATOR

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
This is a ross polo muscle bike im guessing from the seventies? I bought the body for 20 bucks, 10 extra for the black rims (did i get a good deal?).Its a little girly as you can see, so i intend to toughen her up a bit. I've been having an idea in my head for a while about building a mean girls muscle bike that might give the stingrays a run for their money in the tough department. My first idea was to do a bike version of a 69 pontiac GTO (The Judge), but i scratched that cause i wanted to be more original. So i started thinking... if i had a daughter, and i wanted to buy her a girls muscle bike from the bike store, what would it look like? probably all gloss black, black back fender. No decals, black rims, slicks, black seat, long as ever sissy bar and handle bar, black grips, a speedometer, and round stingray reflector. This idea might change along the way so i hope you guys can see it through these eeeeaaaarrllly pics. I wanna get it ready for the summer time to eat up the new york streets. 8)
bikes002.jpg

bikes003.jpg

bikes004.jpg

here's a pic of another ross bike I had, that thing was heavy. Gave it to my ex.
IMG_0109.jpg

And just for fun I put in a pic of my Pea Picker sting ray taking a nap under the covers.
bikes005.jpg

Nice Bike Dan! I like the concept of an original idea, but that 69 GTO Judge thought presents a very cool idea too!! Carousel Red maybe??

Floyd said:
Nice Bike Dan! I like the concept of an original idea, but that 69 GTO Judge thought presents a very cool idea too!! Carousel Red maybe??
I was thinking the same thing, but I had so many red bikes I just wanted to do something different.

Floyd said:
Orbit Orange?? (yeah...I'm encouraging you!!!)
Lol, Im a long way from paint anyway so I'll really take what you're saying into consideration.

Can't wait to see where this goes!

Diggin' the sketch...Gonna run a 16" front wheel with the 20" forks?

WOW are those 25" Ape Hanger bars?

A TALL Sissy Bar will balance it out REAL GOOD!

MagicRat said:
Diggin' the sketch...Gonna run a 16" front wheel with the 20" forks?

WOW are those 25" Ape Hanger bars?

A TALL Sissy Bar will balance it out REAL GOOD!
still not sure about a 16" in the front, was attempting to leave it 20" on both ends but idea's are still playing in my head. Oh and im GETTING another tall sissy bar, I have one on my stingray and i love it!

I love how the apes look! but my one problem I have right now is the bmx double stem i have dont fit too snug, there's a tiny bit of space so i might have to change it. I was wondering if there was a way to keep it but oh well, Im gonna get a hair cut after work and the bike store owns the barbershop so I'll see what he can do for me.
bikes001-1.jpg

bikes002-1.jpg

bikes003-1.jpg

bikes004-1.jpg

My inspiration.

1969_Pontiac_GTO_Judge_large.jpg

I've decided that I'm gonna paint the bike similar to the car. Im also gonna to take my time with this build so I don't end up with something I don't like. Here's a pic of how i want the back fender to look like. I'm in the process of getting a 20" Schwinn Stingray slick and rear rim. Let me know what you think!
TheEliminator.jpg

I like!! Had an idea if you don't mind. What if you put a speedometer on the left side of the handlebars that is shaped similar to GTOs hood tach? Just a thought.

Floyd said:
I like!! Had an idea if you don't mind. What if you put a speedometer on the left side of the handlebars that is shaped similar to GTOs hood tach? Just a thought.
Thanks I'll run with that idea! Gotta see if I can find one like that. cant wait till tuesday, its the best day for me to get a chance to disassemble this thing without being interrupted.

Bought a nos western flyer speedometer off of Ebay :mrgreen: . I think this reminds a bit me of the hood tach on the car.

BOCCvTgCGkKGrHgoOKjoEjlLmErDsBJstnn.jpg

hood_tach-600x450.jpg

What do you guys think? I'll post more pics when I get the speedo.

Hey Dan, I think your project is going to rock! I built a very similar Sears Muscle Bike. You can check it out here
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=11597
I especially like the colors you are going for. Looking forward to seeing the finished product!

Late
PoppaShango

PoppaShango said:
Hey Dan, I think your project is going to rock! I built a very similar Sears Muscle Bike. You can check it out here
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=11597
I especially like the colors you are going for. Looking forward to seeing the finished product!

Late
PoppaShango
Thanks! I've been flipping back and fourth with the ideas for this build.

vinnie_sixgun said:
if you're gonna run a front fender i would rig up hood pins... or some type of hood pin loock... instead of the 2 scews! that's a hot rod!

Wow that would be cool! but i dont think im putting a front fender on, who knows anyway.If i change my mind then I know who to bother. Thanks a bunch.

Latest posts

Back