the Elimiskater

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok, I was about to build this anyway so I figured why not enter it in the build off.... I bought this stripped down and neglected Murray Eliminator for $5 a few months ago and I really just bought it because I thought the coffin shaped headbadge was really cool.
I have a coffin shaped skateboard that I made last year and I'm thinking maybe I can make some sort of rack for it on the bike... hopefully I can make the two look good together.
So far this week I picked up a new wheel set... the rear is a plain chrome coaster brake wheel but has the larger 12g spokes.... the front is another plain chrome wheel with standard 14g spokes...
I chose a 2.125 slick for the rear and a 1.75 classic tire for the front.... both white walls.
I put in a new headset, bottom bracket, cranks, sprocket and pedals... oh yeah... and big spongy grips :)
So far, so good... I almost feel bad... this is going together too fast :D
I'll get a few more pics tomorrow :)

Glad you're in buddy!
I know it's gonna be cool cuz you are loaded up with cool parts.

Here it is this morning... rideable... and super fun ... got a few thumbs up from people as I was
riding it down to the beach yesterday afterwork :)
Now I'm gonna take a few days off from working on it and think about the best way to make
the rack for my skateboard... maybe a wheelie bar? Hmmmm.... maybe :)

Nice looking Muscle ! What about a rack across the handle bars for the board maybe ? Badge and board go together nicely too btw 8) Good luck !

Latest posts

Back