The Fast: A dive into the boardtrack world

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Made progress today. I commandeered a shopping cart from my neighbors yard that moved out..and I destroyed it! It had the one piece that I needed to finish my downtube. So that is what I did..

IMG_9229.jpg

IMG_9225.jpg

IMG_9217.jpg

IMG_9215.jpg

IMG_9213.jpg

IMG_9212.jpg

IMG_9208.jpg

IMG_9206.jpg

IMG_9204.jpg

IMG_9203.jpg

Re: The Fast: A dive into the boardtrack world (New Progress)

LOL! You comandeered a shopping trolley? nothing like acts of piracy..! :D
I hope you cried something like "I Comandeer this fine vessel in the name of my boardtrack build!!"
I really like the first picture.. Good job on the bike to!

K-dregg said:
LOL! You comandeered a shopping trolley? nothing like acts of piracy..! :D
I hope you cried something like "I Comandeer this fine vessel in the name of my boardtrack build!!"
I really like the first picture.. Good job on the bike to!

haha thanks, sadly I was alone and I did it at night so yelling probably would have spooked people.. :mrgreen:

It's like McDonalds...

I'm lovin' it. :lol:

Or is it Burger King?

Beau said:
It's like McDonalds...

I'm lovin' it. :lol:

Or is it Burger King?

haha yeah that's McDonalds. Thanks I'm hoping to get the motor mounted up this weekend.

So I finally got the stupid pulley off my motor's shaft. After breaking yet another finger off my puller I said forget that. I decided to to take my good old Harbor freight rotary, air, cutting tool and cut the pulley. That worked out great and now I'm wondering why I didn't do that in the first place. Then after all that my hands were getting frozen out in the garage so I just decided to throw the motor on the frame with a clamp and some zip ties. I might cut the front fork shorter to bring the front back down to level again, I can't decide. Opinions greatly appreciated.

IMG_9243.jpg

IMG_9242.jpg

IMG_9241.jpg

IMG_9240.jpg

IMG_9239.jpg

IMG_9238.jpg

IMG_9237.jpg

IMG_9236.jpg

Re: The Fast: A dive into the boardtrack world (New pics!)

looks cool man, i would suggest cutting the fork legs down a little and re-welding the dropouts. it looks like its cocking the front of the bike upward.. its your bike though so do your thing. im looking forward to some more progress

screw_dup said:
looks cool man, i would suggest cutting the fork legs down a little and re-welding the dropouts. it looks like its cocking the front of the bike upward.. its your bike though so do your thing. im looking forward to some more progress

I think I will move the dropouts up and cut the forks shorter. I really would like it to sit level. Also it has an awkward amount of gap above the front wheel.

I don't know why this never got posted but I will put it up now. This is what I want it to look like eventually.

The_Fast_03.jpg

looks great so far, when its done it will be awesome

So I was thinking about the bike stance all day and when I got home from work I decided to fix it. Since the OCC front fork dropouts had a diamond shaped hole in them it allowed me to use a hose clamp to try them out on the forks first. I tried it with them on the back just to see and that didn't work. It tightened up the wheel base and made it look awkward. so I found where to put them on the front and I am really satisfied with the look now.

IMG_9250.jpg

IMG_9249.jpg

IMG_9248.jpg

IMG_9246.jpg

screw_dup said:
BOOM!!!!

you done good

haha thanks I want to get this thing running on it's own power so bad...

K-dregg said:
Man that really pulled it togheter, Looks much tighter now.. I like it..! :D

Thanks! I appreciate all the kind words it keeps me going on this build, even when it's 30 degrees outside!

It looks a LOOOOOOOOT better with the dropouts moved down! Great work! That thing is really gonna scoot!

I think that the wheel in the front must be a "Schwinn 26inch" because I believe it is larger than the rear by a little but they both claim to be 26".

I bought a 26 x 1 3/8 inch s7 tire for my front rim and it was about 2 inches too big, I emailed them saying something was wrong with the tire only to find out that the s7 is a schwinn tire size only..lol more money wasted on knowledge. Looks cool though just need a rim to fit it for my rat fink build. I like the new stance of your bike alot better keep up the great work.

if I end up getting a different front wheel I would be happy to sell you my schwinn one. Or if you could find a disk brake 26" front I could trade you for cash on my end. Just let me know.

I wanted to get motivated to work on this thing so I am going to make up a list of what I need to get done to finish it. I made some new grips and will post pics tomorrow.

1.) Mount up the motor
2.) Buy a centrifugal clutch
3.) Buy spokes
4.) Lace moped hubs to rims I have
5.) Run cables

I am sure there is more but that is the important stuff. I just have so many projects these days and a lack of funds.

Latest posts

Back