The First Lady - Final assembly started

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well I thought I better hop into this seeing as I just snagged up a new bike from a garage sale. I have never done a ladies bike but I figured it would look a little different, especially with the frame modifications that I have planned for it...here she is in stock form, all my pieces in one place and a sneak peak of the first frame mod...

Re: The First Lady

Wheels are in great shape too.
I just love those pointy murray drops.
Good luck

I have no idea what I'm doing either, I'm just hoping it turns out halfway descent. I'm used to building cars this is only the 2nd bike I have attempted, my first bike in the first pic I posted was too small for me to ride comfortably since I'm 6'2". It's really more of a talking piece and entertainment when people get drunk and want to ride it.

Jz5811 said:
It's really more of a talking piece and entertainment when people get drunk and want to ride it.

story of my life

Finally got around to working on the bike again, I recently got a 1966 Ford Truck and kind of pushed everything else to the side. Welded up the tank finally to the frame, now time to bonds, smooth and paint!

Got around to plastic filler, a lot of sandpaper and some primer. Got it good and roughed in, just need to massage it.

Been working on the bike pretty hard and taking a lot of pics and finally getting around to posting a few. Here is how the tank was mated to the frame, a lot of good mock up and eyeing it up and bondo got her looking like she was meant to be there

The frame was the last part that needed painted

Started final assembly and got pretty far, I am on the fence on wether to keep the hand painted graphic or just go with the all flat brown look. I also originally wanted to go with a cream ballon tire but I thought the fenders looked too cool against the black on black look. I was going for an old school military/racer look and I think the black on black really pulled it all together. I still need to put on the chain, guard, sprocket, pedels waiting on some grips to come in, and debating on maybe hand painting some different graphics...aaannnnddd possibly a head light if I can find one quick that works.

Latest posts

Back