RRBBO13 The Giant Killer - Tapping Out :(

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool looking ride dude , ya the giant slayer alright . You must have some longgggg legs

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cool looking ride dude , ya the giant slayer alright . You must have some longgggg legs

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I really don't! I think the perspective of the shot is making it look longer than it actually it.
However I do think I need to get the seat a little closer to the cranks. I'd also like the seat to sit a little flatter so it doesn't look SOoo jacked up at the front.

That looks really good the upswept toptube with the extended fork adds to the profile.

Never seen that frame before, kind of an odd bottom bracket set up, but I bet its comfortable.

That looks really good the upswept toptube with the extended fork adds to the profile.

Never seen that frame before, kind of an odd bottom bracket set up, but I bet its comfortable.

Thanks!
It's not a frame that screams chopper or ratrod anything, it's very very ladies beach cruiser, but it's been around our place for a few years now I've always thought it would make a cool chopper.

Though yeah, that bottom bracket/derailleur setup is wackadoo. Will post close ups later, but figuring out how to make it look normal without cutting anything off will be one of my challenges.

Ok, decision time
On the front, 24 or 26?

20180601_114526.jpg

20180601_092219.jpg

..anddd....24. Makes the bike stretch even longer!

You'd think I could put two and two together...
but no I didn't make the connection.
Verrt huh? Ok brother rat on!
I'm hoping I'll be able to lend a hand with what we were talking about for your bike. Designs are rolling around in my head and I'm looking at what materials I have...
I'm keeping a lid on it. It's yours to disclose or not.

Carl.

You'd think I could put two and two together...
but no I didn't make the connection.
Verrt huh? Ok brother rat on!
I'm hoping I'll be able to lend a hand with what we were talking about for your bike. Designs are rolling around in my head and I'm looking at what materials I have...
I'm keeping a lid on it. It's yours to disclose or not.

Carl.

The anonymity of the internet. Not all of us have a vest with our net names stitched onto it :D

If you got some ideas, disclose em. It's no secret project.
I think it would really improve the build if it can be done. Though it'd have to be strong enough to withstand the wheelies :grin:

Alrighty then...
Anybody else think he should stretch his rear drop outs?
Pushing the tire back will push the center of gravity forward, making it less likely to wheelie.
I also think shortening the forks just a couple inches will make a big difference too. But still look pretty much the same.

Guitarl.

You should be able to wrap a larger seat clamp in the postion you showed on the laidback post and attach the nanner to it.

Latest posts

Back