The Great Pretender

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well i got this bike from tgriffin in trade for butcher, so i thought about tossing some less rusty parts at it to make it rideable. still needs a new(er) wheelset, this one is pretty rough. leaving now to ship butcher out, so dont be worryin todd. :wink: i got later stingray bars with some random coke bottle grips i thought would be fitting, and the seat off big red(its a seat that came off another higgins), since i dont have gas for my welder to do up a seat post to make the solo polo work. i called it "The Great Pretender" cuz i was listening to the song when i did a sketch for the bike. :mrgreen:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QP8xff2X46A
SANY0063-1.jpg

SANY0062.jpg

SANY0068-1.jpg

SANY0063.jpg

thanks galt! i was thinking of taking it to the local sandblaster and then spraying it up in a dark navy blue, with ivory scallops and the solo polo wrapped in ivory naugahyde, with taller apes and matching coke bottle grips(not these ones, they're too scuffed up)

naw, although the inspiration bike did have ridiculously tall apes. i hope jon built it doesnt mind me using the pic as referance, i just think its the coolest girls bike ive ever seen, and i dont even know why. :roll:
i did get the post cut up and sittin on my bench attached to a 90 degree magnet.. thing. :lol:
heres the inspiration bike, P-tina:
p-tina.jpg

and here's the thread he had for it:
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=13453&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=p+tina
i kind of want to paint the rims to match the frame color, and then get a WW and a BW tire like his, it just looks so cool!

well i got the seat post welded up, and swapped out the wheels, so ill be gettin pics as soon as im done eating breakfast.

stretch said:
well i got the seat post welded up, and swapped out the wheels, so ill be gettin pics as soon as im done eating breakfast.
That's gotta be one big breakfast! :p :lol:

yup. ramen noodles. :lol: sorry guys, i forgot all about it, as i went on a drive looking for a proper sandblasting place to do this bike, and also some paint.

Latest posts

Back