The Grocery Getter

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I hope you find another project to build. I was looking forward to this one.

That sucks Troy! :mad:

I've never understood what drives someone to think they can just take something that isn't rightfully theirs?

That sucks! Wanted to see this one finished. I could see someone scrapping aluminum bike frames, but the price on scrap steel is so cheap is it even worth their time? I deal with recycling old bike parts all the time, barely get enough for a sixer when I drop off a full Jeep load of scrap.

keep the rubber side down!

Well, I set the frame outside of my garage to work on it tonight then went inside to take a phone call. When I can back outside 15 minutes later...
POOF, it's gone!!
D@m scrap metal scrounge b@st@rds hitting the community on recycle night and I couldn't find them driving around town.
And believe me, I went looking for them (with my crowbar, lol)

Back to the drawing board I guess...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have got to be kidding me.
crowbar huh? Times like this are why I keep a machete tucked between the console and the passenger seat. :happy:
Sorry to hear this Troy...to think, all that work bought some nine iron a couple of Pabst tallboys.
F.

Let's do this!!
The Grocery Getter... Take 2
64123ddcfb48a45b569fa012611972ac.jpg

(All locked up safely this time, lol)

Last edited:
Good deal you found another frame. That's a cool one too.

Sucks they snatched your other one. They may have thought you were tossing it.

Good deal you found another frame. That's a cool one too.

Sucks they snatched your other one. They may have thought you were tossing it.

There's a restoration bike shop in my area. They always have extra frames available. Nothing too old or sought after, just project stuff they will sell a at a decent price. This frame set me back $15.
:)

It looks COOL!...I still haven't figured where it's going yet...But I like where it's going (I think). I've been sitting in front of my computer, turning my head side to side, like a dog looking at a treat, trying to find the right angle of how it will sit.....Once again my wife thinks I'm nuts, I hope she doesn't start calling me Spot, or Astro or Rin Tin Tin.

It looks COOL!...I still haven't figured where it's going yet...But I like where it's going (I think). I've been sitting in front of my computer, turning my head side to side, like a dog looking at a treat, trying to find the right angle of how it will sit.....Once again my wife thinks I'm nuts, I hope she doesn't start calling me Spot, or Astro or Rin Tin Tin.

Lol, then the next pics will really leave you wondering... I'm not there yet
(To be continued)

Really cool idea, using the red cart is super sweet.

It sucks that they stole you first take, but I like the new frame better.
Very creative idea so far, can't wait to see it progress.
You should keep a pair of the wheels and as a wheelie bar back there. :)

Sweet dude! I was almost ready to bow out tonight, but you have inspired me to get off my .... and get going! Gotta go get O² tomorrow.. (thats been my excuse for pushing it back in the queue =p )

Latest posts

Back