The Grocery Getter

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol, then the next pics will really leave you wondering... I'm not there yet
(To be continued)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did I miss them? :tmi:....:giggle:

Just kidding! Looking forward to seeing where it goes.

So I had to promise the "Warden" I wouldn't get involved in any major fabrication for this Build Off so we could actually get away for a couple of vacations this summer. But got to work on it today.
The remnants of the donor.
Pieces parts anyone?
563b5e322284a140cde17fdbbbf0e293.jpg

Nice!..It was worth the wait!

Looking good, nice stretched ride.

Not trying to play arm chair quarterback, just offering a suggestion. Dept store BMX (mongoose) use large rear dropout plates, you could cut a slot in the red tube vertically and slip that plate in. Good weld surface, would give you the look of looptail bmx frame, and would give axle adjustability for chain length.

Not sure if youre planning single or multi speed. The above suggestion loses the derailleur hanger.

Looking good, nice stretched ride.

Not trying to play arm chair quarterback, just offering a suggestion. Dept store BMX (mongoose) use large rear dropout plates, you could cut a slot in the red tube vertically and slip that plate in. Good weld surface, would give you the look of looptail bmx frame, and would give axle adjustability for chain length.

Not sure if youre planning single or multi speed. The above suggestion loses the derailleur hanger.

I was considering that Indy. I'm going to try using a derailleur on this one to try to get at least 3 speeds on it. If it doesn't work, I may just adapt it with the worn out brake pad technique I used in the Winter Build Off

That is a sick roller already!
Love the looptail

After doing a thorough once over after getting it home, noting the serial number and using very hi-tech radiometric carbon dating techniques (aka Google, lol), it would appear that this abandoned to the elements CCM frameset dates from 1924, I think the "Model Six".
ef1d1272d0e57b352b863989bf69b517.jpg
8a6da8a5c264481f276c3797715a87c3.jpg
2e72d1e0eec9512ec82054e61ed999eb.jpg

Back to the bike shop tomorrow for an alternate crankset and guess who has a good candidate for next build off?
;)

Last edited:
Wow! Love that CCM frame. Now I can't almost wait till the next build off when you use that!

Great crankset and frame!

As the time moves on toward the finish line, I guess I should spend a little less time flying around clad in Lycra on my carbon fibre road warriors and some more time fabricating, lol
Alternate one piece crank in place...
53b5eb9405e9e93ab9887c155e8933be.jpg

And inevitably, a chain line clearance issue with the frame. Modified it by notching it out and welding in a piece of tubing horizontally.
5d158c8e7610d0f88bbbeaba0d1e9b28.jpg

That's cool!
@karfer67 can appreciate that

Latest posts

Back