The Grocery Getter

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the basic roller all together today and took for a short test flight.
f12e6490a0f7e8027f1765b31353523a.jpg

The bars and seat will get switched out but other than that, at least it moves with no apparent issues (so far).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Makes a wicked looking stretch!

Great stretched looptail lines

You know Troy, a long 'hairpin' saddle on a lay back post would fit in that 'loop hole' perfectly!

I've been trying to fit mine on a build, no success so far. Let me know if you are interested...

You know Troy, a long 'hairpin' saddle on a lay back post would fit in that 'loop hole' perfectly!

I've been trying to fit mine on a build, no success so far. Let me know if you are interested...

Thanks OddJob, I'll kept that in mind. (I may get it from you for my CCM build next go around.)
I've got a springed saddle on it now. It's not a hairpin though. Not sure I can get much more layback in the post though. It would push the upcoming "saddlebags" back too far... still have more shopping cart parts to use. Trying to use all parts of the "animal".
;)

Last edited:
Looking good can't wait to see it with some short ape hangers on it [emoji6]

NIce! I forgot about the grocery carts being integrated with your build....yeah, I'm old.

This will really fill in that back end nicely. Can't wait to see it full of brown paper bags, or white plastic if you prefer...! :grin:

Welded a 1/4" bolt onto each side of the frame that match up to the existing holes that mounted the cart to the cart frame so now somewhat mounted. Need to make a few more mounting brackets though to keep them from pivoting forward and backward and fill in the fronts with more cart grid.
9c4557e736e9374fe8473ed15f602d7f.jpg
b4490420ce7d209723ce5763a467d6af.jpg
7be0b01167eabc7f862f47ce7a47df09.jpg

Those are without a doubt the coolest saddle baskets I have ever seen!!
BRILLIANT!!

Oh yeah, they're definitely staying! Got to try to score me a couple more for the inside corners.

It may be cooler to make it look like one basket rather than two.
Maybe extend the handle across both sections and also cover the wheelwell with basket grid to make it usuable rack space. Just an idea

It may be cooler to make it look like one basket rather than two.
Maybe extend the handle across both sections and also cover the wheelwell with basket grid to make it usuable rack space. Just an idea

That's what I was thinking. A shortened cart handle will fit directly behind the seat. The clamp is actually covering the mounting points. And the plan is to put a separate long narrow basket in between them. I have to have all of the assemblies easily removable to get access to remove the rear wheel.
:)

Latest posts

Back